Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

a little Lt 125 help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little Lt 125 help please

Ok I am trying to help a friend of mine out on a quad for his boys.This thing fires right up and purrs like a kitten when you start it and let it idle.When you hit the gas is when it turns to crap.It will puff smoke and from what i can smell it is overloading.It is also slow to rev up and when you put it in gear it is gutless.The fuel pump works fine the carb looked pretty clean considering it is completely stock and never had the first screw turned on it.I did notice that it wants to die if you restrict the air flow in any way at all.I am kinda at a loss.There was just a tiny amount of trash in the carb bowl,should I tear into it and pull the jets or does anyone have a better idea.I have a clymer manual on the way but it is killin me to wrench on it in the meantime.Thanks.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

im no expert by any means but kinda sounds like its not geting enough ariflow when your get on the throttle. have you checked to see if the air filter is clean and maybe if there are any obstructions anywhere that could be blocking the intake to the carb or to the airbox? just a thought. if that doesnt work then maybe pull the jets out the carb and do a proper cleaning with carb cleaner.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah I checked the air filter and everything like that.I removed the air filter no change so I disconnected the air intake yube from the carb and still no change.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

hmmm maybe try the complete carb clean then? other than that im not really too sure what to tell ya

Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Range Rover

sounds like the pilot jet may have some junk in it .Take the float bowl off the pilot jet should the one in the middle take it out and run a bread tie wire through it and clean it with some carb cleaner . hope this helps

Old 12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

The pilot jet is for idle and transition to revs. If it falls off when you try to rev it I suspect a little chunk of something in the main jet. One thing I will say is I don't like poking wores or anything into jets. I will do it but only as a last option. I prefer to try and blast jets out with some compressed air first.

Also make sure the choke is off.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

so I cheched the jets and yeah there was a little trash in there.cleaned them out and it runs better.I think I just need a new plug now and I am good to hook.Thanks for all the help.