Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2002 suzuki eiger 400 carburetor help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 suzuki eiger 400 carburetor help

Okay my carburetor was dumping fuel out the pressure relief valve. And it also dumped all my fuel into the air box. So i ordered a new rebuild kit from moose. Cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor and cleaned out the gas tank valve filters. Now in the rebuilt process the only thing i left out was the "pilot screw" as you had to drill it out to get to it. So i thought perhaps mine was okay.

Put the rebuilt carburetor on the 4-wheeler. Finally got it to crank and it doesn't want to idle good. So i figured i would ride it to see if it would clear up under riding a little, warm up the engine, etc. It has no power what-so-ever now. Thought perhaps float needs adjusting. Well i have adjusted it all the way up and all the way down and still no power. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do at this point? I'm currently leaning to drilling out the cover on the pilot screw and replacing it. Thanks

Old 11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

Well went ahead and drilled out the pilot screw and replaced it. Now it is just hard to crank and still has no power. The 4-wheeler was running great until it was dumping the fuel out the carburetor.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

Well got the power part sorted out now. Just doesn't crank and idle good right now. Anyone good with carbs that can give me some ideas on it?

Old 11-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

Well i think i have it all sorted but the cranking. Still takes a while to crank it though. But everything else is ok now.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

Looks like your doing good so far! What do you mean by cranking? Starting ? What is it doing or not doing.

If it is hard to start, start with checking spark. Make sure it is good and strong and also not intermittent. (the 02-04 models are known for the magnets on flywheel to come loose). If good spark check valve gap. Also does it start hard only when cold? If so check choke.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

I have done pulled the fly wheel case off and the magnets are fine. But i found out all my gas was in my oil. And i just changed it but that is life. By starting i mean you have to hold the throttle about 3/4's of the way open and it will finally crank then.

Spark was fine and i put a new spark plug in the engine also. It maybe the pilot screw needs to be adjusted a little more. Moving the throttle really doesn't seem to help though.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Trailblazer

Still having issues with the gas dumping in the air filter. Removed the gas tank and petcock and cleaned them both out. Nothing was really dirty though. Seems the carb rebuild and the other things was not needed as now the same problem is still here.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would pull carb back apart and check the float.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

I got it fixed a few days back. So thanks for the help though.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by KILLER_K
I got it fixed a few days back. So thanks for the help though.
What ended up being the problem?

Quick Reply: 2002 suzuki eiger 400 carburetor help