Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Nother dumb carb ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nother dumb carb ?

94 LTF-250 QUADRUNNER,Im taking carb. off to rebuild ,I have vacum hoses off and labled,carb is loose except 2 hoses which contain cables,one which i think is throttle other may be choke.How in the world do i disconect these two cables from carb. so i can take it apart?Thanks,Paul

Old 10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Sure wish some folks would chime in,i went back out and looked at carb. and theres accually 3 lines hooked to it i cant figgure out how to remove. Other one i speak of has a spring all around it.like to get this thing off so i can rebuild,so i can use it for deer hunting.Thanks,Paul

Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Trailblazer

Well the choke just unscrews, I think it's a 10 or 12mm wrench and it's a bitch to get to but take your time and unscrew it and the throttle is held inside the little box and it is also a bitch to remove and replace but all can to done, I think it took me about an hour to remove and clean and replace. OH and you need to pull the carb off the motor and air box to do any of this.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

OK,MR,diamonbird Got carb off,Does not appear dirty at all thou i will go over it again.My next ? is i cranked engine over few times while carb was off and i didnt see any gas comming from any hoses,shouldent i ? And if so where do i go from here?.Thanks,Paul

Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

Okay good, now what was the reason for the rebuild?
The reason you are not seeing any fuel coming out is because one of those hoses goes to the vaccum side of the carb and pulses vaccum to the fuel pump/pit **** on the left down bottom side of the fuel tank and when that happens it pumps fuel out of one of those hoses. Also there has to be ample amount of fuel in the tank.....I have seen it so many times people trying to start an engine and the fuel tanks are empty and they are pulling their hair trying to figure out what's wrong with their machines.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

diamonbird,Reason for takeoff was to rebuild carb as it wont idle and stopped on me other day.After taking off carb.apperas to have very little garbage in it but i,ll clean anyway,plug is sooty and black so i,m assuming carb needs adjusting and new plug.If i can ever get carb back on and that throttle cable back in ,i may need for ya to walk me thru adjusting valves[its not been done since new.Machine always ran great and started right up except idol prob.till other day when it shut off and couldent start again,try,d to start but wouldent stay running,spark seems strong and reg.with testing device,tank is about 1\2 full.Thanks for your responce,Paul

Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Disassembly and Cleaning of a Mikuni Round slide Carburetor link.

Disassembly and Cleaning of a Mikuni Round slide Carburetor

Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

You'll need a special tool to adjust the valves......I don't have one but I do have a buddy that has one....
I have a 98 suzuki 250 QR4x4 and mine has been giving me some trouble after the motor gets hot with not wanting to start...I pulled the sparkplug and it was wet with fuel so I guess I will be pulling mine again, maybe it's the float level.!?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:34 PM
2 strokes or 4

Hard starting when hot could also be a cdi going out. Doubt it's the float level if the plugs wet with gas and only happens when hot. Seems like more of an electrical problem.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

Man I don't even want to think it's the CDI........but you may be right!
The other day after running pretty hard for about 1.5 miles I slowed down and stopped and it shutdown and wouldn't restart for about 10 mins. then it started and ran like crap, long enough for me to park it in the shed, missing and shuting down, then I left it for about a week and when I started it after a week it run just fine. Then I ran it all weekend and it did just fine until I ran it hard for about a 1.5 miles again and it did it again. It does sound like the CDI doesn't it!? So maybe I can nurse it through hunting season and replace it after that. Does anybody have any experience with the CDI and know the signs of one failing? I thought they either work or they don't?? Where is it located on the ATV, is it in a area where engine heat is a factor?

Quick Reply: Nother dumb carb ?