Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

PLEASE HELP! SNORKLE gives me to much air? Prayin to the carb gods

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! SNORKLE gives me to much air? Prayin to the carb gods

I have a 08 kingquad camo manual with black tpi rims rapped in 26 sti mudtracs . Bone stock machine and i need help bad guys . I installed a snorkle kit 1.5 flex pipe from the air box to the front rack . IT GETS TO MUCH AIR....? i have to put tape over the hole alittle almost like choking it to get it to run when its cold and warm it kinda back fires like at low steady engine speeds? turns up better but i am affraid or sh*tin something up how can it get to much air i am stumped. Please help i love the way it looks but i need to talk to a pro that knows what im doing wrong ... can i just jet it a fill that air with that much more gas or what...? PLEASE ALL HELP THAT CAN.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

im no expert but iv had the same problem with my snorkled honda. if your adding more air to the engine, you have to add more fuel to keep the fuel/air mix the same. before i rejetted mine it would backfire out the pipe at steady speeds. so yes, your proble too lean, and you should rejet your main, and adjust your pilot jet as well. If you dont adjust your pilot jet, but go a bigger main, you may still have the backfireing issue. hope this helps

Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

There is no such thing as too much air. Too little fuel for the correct fuel /air ratio, yes, but no such thing as too much air.

Just jet up the main jet and you will be fine.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks cherokee99 i have been reading lots of forums and im on highlifter to and from what i c the pilot jet is the culprit i know it is the idle to 1/4 jet basically from what ive read.... i turned it one full turn out and it helped alittle it gets better as it gets up to temp. the main jet is just for WOT am i wrong ? im no pro thats why im asking Doctor turbo thanks for the input as well i need all the help i can get.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 10-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

The pilot jet is for idle only. If you have the idle mix air screws backed all the way off and it still does not idle correctly, you need a bigger pilot jet, (AKA idle jet). If you back off the idle air mix screws it will help with the transition from idle to the power circuit but that is just a bandaid cure.

The real cure, if you are correct, is to jet up on the main jet. If it is like a MIC carb you can also lower the clip on the needle which will give you more mid range fuel flow. A snorkle should not affect total air flow through an engine at idle. At least not much.

Both the air screws and the clip are fine adjustments and are not ment for big fuel curve adjustments. This is what the main jet is for.

If you pull on the choke and it runs better, you need a main jet adjustment. Doing so, will fix the fuel air problem you now have.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

your very welcome Catpncrunch, by the way awsome name! you wouldnt think a snorkel would make much diffirence at idol speed, but in my experiance it really dose, but usually a pilot skrew adjustment dose the trick.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Range Rover

The 1 1/2" is too small. By the way the 08 King Quad is fuel injected, right?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea camozuki but i have a kingquad 400 which is just a renamed eiger so i got a carb . lord i wish i had injection.lol no its to big if i cut the air back alittle if clears up but if i like use duct tape over the end it works good but that aint nothin but a qiuck fix. i just got to jet it and fill all that new air with some liquid hp. keep em comin i love to learn

Old 10-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Captncrunch

Yea camozuki but i have a kingquad 400 which is just a renamed eiger so i got a carb . lord i wish i had injection.lol no its to big if i cut the air back alittle if clears up but if i like use duct tape over the end it works good but that aint nothin but a qiuck fix. i just got to jet it and fill all that new air with some liquid hp. keep em comin i love to learn</end quote></div>

I forgot Suzuki was gonna call them all Kingquad's now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Like the others have stated, get a jet kit. Welcome and how about filling out your sig. so we know what you have.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]