Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Suzuki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default 1993 suzuki quadsport 230 worth getting?

More performance from an "s" for sure.. Though my wife loves her "e"
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

The 230S was made from '85-'88. The 230E was made from '87 - '93. That is definitely a 230E in the picture, and looks to be a late model based on the plastic style heel guards and the color scheme on the seat.

The 230E has electric start with a recoil backup, auto clutch, and weighs nearly 80lbs more than the S model. The carb is smaller, and the cam profile is not as wild. It is actually geared faster internally than the 230S, but the S was geared faster with the chain / sprocket from the factory. They share nearly the exact same plastic (there's an extra small plastic side cover on the E where the 230S has it's kickstarter, and there are two holes on the back plastic that a rear rack can mount. That rack was standard on the earlier models and optional on the later years.)

Although the frames are very similar, you CANNOT just swap a 230S engine into a 230E. There are many other insignificant small differences that I'm not going to mention.

It's a good bike. They won't perform quite as well as a quadsport or a newer LTZ250. It actually has a higher weight capacity and has beefier shocks than a 230S. The rear shock on the later year models even have a remote resevoir. But the extra weight makes it noticeably slower than the S. Still a great little bike though.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Yagerzzzz!!! Nice to here from you! I loved reading you posts in the 230 qs help forum a couple of years ago!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

PoolGod,

Yea, I haven't posted on this site in quite some time. Just been really busy. While I've been gone, sounds like quite a few of you guys have figured out these 230's. There's some nice ones I've seen in peoples signitures. I do post on Dr. Q's site every once and awhile.

I need to start a thread sometime with a link to pictures of a few of my LT's. (Our stable is still growing.) Between myself and my brothers, we now have 27 Suzuki LT's of various models. All but 2 are from the '80's (One is a '91 LT250R, and one is an '06 LTZ250).

I can't post pictures in my sig on this site. It's too much trouble to get the file size small enough. If I get time, I'll try to start a thread today in this forum with a link to my photobucket account.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

the s is definitly the way to go. i love mine i ride it all the time
i can burn my friends 250ex and can smoke a warrior off the line(he always wins in the end though)
Old 05-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to K F X STEVE480

i love the 230 i have a 87 230s and its fast for its age and reliable had it sit for 3 years went to start it all i had to do is clean carb out took 5min started right up the only problems i had was like everyone else stated that the chain pops and breaks the case sucks, but when i broke on mine i was pulling my kfx400 after the clutch burnt out up a hill with a 250lb person on it lmao but everything else i like it allot the rear suspension is comfortable, but i would deff make sure do get the lt230s there the fast models, good luck
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i like your 4wheeler from zachs friend caleb
Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1993, 230, 230cc, 93, arm, atv, chain, kickstart, lt230, quadsport, rebuild, sale, suzuki, swing, tighten