Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Suzuki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default How to Replace Connecting Rod?

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to separate a crankshaft and replace the connecting rod, bearing, and crank pin on a 1990 lt 250? Can I do it myself with a press? Curious how to make sure the two halves of the crank are clocked correctly when pressed back together.

Thanks in advance for advise.

Larry
Old 03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default How to Replace Connecting Rod?

I've done a lot of things myself in my garage (like milling my own heads n jugs with sandpaper and a table), but I would never try to do what you're talking about without the proper equipment and knowing a little about what I'm doing. Give Vince a call http://vincescycle.tripod.com/newparts/lt230s.html Its like $130 and he supplies the rod too. Even if you decide to try it yourself, give him a call anyway. He can explain the whole thing to ya. He's a super nice guy.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
atv, bearing, change, conecting, connecting, connection, crank, hard, press, replace, replacement, replacing, rod, separate, warrior