Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Suzuki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default kingquad plastic panel rivits

Hey everyone , new to the forums and was wondering what is the proper way to remove the plastic panels with these plastic rivits. They have two small flat areas on them so I have been using two flat head screwdrivers to pry the center out to get the panels off for service. Is there a tool for this , seems like some kind of tweezer type tool would work. I called the dealer and they said push in on it to get them out but that does`nt seem like it would work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

You are right, they are a pain to remove. I don't know which clips your dealer is talking about, but I don't know of any of that type on my machine. Luckily I have access to variour clips used for plastic, and I have been replacing them all on my machine with ones that are more user friendly.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I just use a small set of side cuts to remove mine, just get the cutting edge just under the center pin and pry out. a tiny flat head will get the lager part of the rivit out easy once the center part is removed.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
05, atv, body, clips, king, panel, panels, pins, plastic, plastics, quad, remove, rivets, rivits, suzuki, tool