Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Someones view of the KQ reverse fix, not good

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someones view of the KQ reverse fix, not good

I got this from another forum for us that need it done.

I just got back from my dealer to have my ECM replaced. Of course I had to check it out in my Driveway as soon as I got home, and all I can say is this really sucks!
The reverse limmitter kicks in sooner than it used to, meaning you have to almost ALWAYS push the over-ride button. I believe this was done to help create the illusion that the over-ride function does a lot more than it really does, though I thought it was on the low side before as well. The limmitter now kicks in at between 4 to 5 mph of wheel spin compared to the 10 to 12 mph of wheel spin on my Rincon which I took out for comparisons.-(My Rincon has no over-ride feature). So as soon as you start backing up the KQ, it starts sputtering so you must push the over-ride button as this super low thresh hold is ridiculous. With the over ride engaged I could get 12 to 13 mph of wheelspin by the time it's sputterring & popping. Not much more than my Rincon that has no over-ride feature at all. What I also dicovered is that even if you are not at full tilt reverse, and using it for just a few seconds instead of the 60 second maximum, you still have to wait several seconds to re-engage the over-ride again, and because the normal reverse limmit is so ridiculously low, reverse is almost useless without engaging the over-ride which you now have to wait to re-engage. What an AGGRIVATION!
If you plan to enter a mud hole, make sure you have plenty of time & patience to wait out all these safeties in trying to rock your machine back & forth, as you will no longer be able to do that reasonably. This new limmitter is what's needed to keep a "Perfectly Fine Reverse Design"-(Yea-Right!) from blowing up. I am very upset, and am more than willing to be part of a class action suite should more people feel the same way. I would even prefer the non over-ride limmitter of my Rincon over this aggrivating time delayed feature that you must continually engage. When it's engaged after you wait, it does produce more power than my Rincon in reverse, but it's an aggrivation in that you must always have to wait out the safeties because you always have to use the over-ride because of the ridiculously low limmit for normal reverse. I have lost all respect for Suzuki for comming up with this as an fix to their reverse problem.
On the flip side, I don't think reverse could possibly fail with such ridiculas constraints on it. Heck, I will want to avoid circumstances that will force me to use it because I don't want to be aggrivated or embarrassed in front of the rest of the ridiers watching everything you have to go through to get out of a hole should you need reverse more than once, or you finger slips off the button and you have to wait out the safeties again just to re-engage it.
I will have to try it out some more, but this is how I assess it right now. It's only my opinion, and everyone else is entitled to their own.
P.S., I'm sorry in advance to any dealers or Suzuki associates who will not like what I am saying here, as they really have no controll over this situation, but will be forced to deal with it's affects in the way of angry customers or low sales, etc. Maybe it's the only way that Suzuki will get the meesage. Right now, it's not going to be "King" of any mudhole with these so called "Updates"! Update my ***! I liked my machine much better before I was "coerced" into having this update done.

P.S., I think the KQ is a great machine otherwise. It drives great, handles great, is comfortable, etc. But this reverse thing really sucks, as it's not something you should have to deal with on this machine! I hope Arctic Cat does a better job resolving this for their new H-1 if it does indeed use the same tranny as some of us are thinking. Maybe they'll read my post and come up with a better solution than Suzuki. I think I need a beer! Oh Look! It's after 12:00!!

Old 01-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree there should be a law suit filed see my post at highlifter by the way Suzuki phone # is 714-996-7040
http://www.highlifter.com/ubbthreads...&page=1#963860

Old 01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

I'm all for the lawsuit thing!Friggin Susucki!!

Old 01-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Lets get as many people as possible to call them. If nothing else maybe we can annoy them for a while. They might do something sooner or later. Go to all the forums you guys can and let people know they should call Suzuki if dissapointed with the fix on their KQ.

Old 01-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

.I called screwsuzuki Friday afternoon and they transfered my call to a new rep....

.News Flash from "BAGHDAD BOB" the new rep for SCREWSuzuki..There are NO reverse failure problems on the new almighty King Quad !! Hail Kingquad.... it has been tested relentlessly..the liars have come to take away your pleasure of owning a New Kingquad.liars,Liars,LIARS...reverse works great..I was in the mud today..liars..they are not telling the truth..There are Americans linned up in the streets, to buy the new KingQuad....The canadians are deep in line to buy the King..Hail King..liars...there is NO problem with our faulty design...liars....go out and buy one today...liars I tell you...call back after your warranty is over.....there is NO problem with the King..Hail King........Liars..click ..hang up tone......

I may rid my self of the P.O.S. if screwsuzuki does not fix it right..till then stay away from the pos time bomb.....