Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

the new Cannondale

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2000, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would anyone think about buying this machine, they say its going to be better then the DS. give me you opinons.

Old 04-24-2000, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Yep, if it comes out and passes my careful inspection, has a good fit and feel, I will probably be a proud new owner....

Can't find anything I don't like about it so far. Should spank my 400EX in about every way unless they really screw something up.

Old 04-24-2000, 02:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

WOULDNT BUY EITHER. I WOULD WAIT FOR THE NEW YAMAHA OR HONDA!!

Old 04-24-2000, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

I would love to get one. But I'll wait till their 2nd or 3rd year before I buy one. Don't want to be a ginny pig with the 1st year model.

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 04-24-2000, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

Well, assuming I want to spend 7 grand on a quad (I don't ever plan on racing, so thats alot of money for a trail machine), I think I would take a good look at it. That much power for the weight is great. Plus you can't go wrong with fuel injection. No more jetting.

Old 04-26-2000, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

The cannondale looks like a great machine. Problem is Cannondale has been promising their dirt bike for 2 years without delivering. Will the ATV be any different? I hope they can deliver an outstanding product in the timeframes they're promising.

Old 04-26-2000, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

News on the new quad from Cannondale sure grabbed my attention! I was all set for the quad for Yamaha to come out but now I'm gonna wait and see wich one will win in the shoot outs that all the magazines will have.

The new thinking from Cannondale is impressive. Fuel Injection, Seperate capacities for the engine oil and transmission, rear exiting exhaust and under seat gas tank for balance just to name a few.

Yamaha better have their act together to top that!

'90 Warrior
'85 350x

Old 04-27-2000, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

I would definately consider the new C'dale as being my next ATV. As for their delay in producing the MX400 I would feel confident buying one too. Think anbout it, they obviously had some problems with it somewhere, realized that, and made the necessary corrections PRIOR to releasing them. The MX is expected out in a month or so with the FX comming as early as this fall.

These machines have in the making for years now. So it's not like they just said, "hey lets make some dirtbikes and ATV this year, and then did."

I think if all goes well for C'dale the FX will be a shredder. With a higher HP/weight ratio than the DS, mathmatics tell me this will be a faster quad. At about 390lbs (wet) it will also be more nimble and handle better. The front suspension is average, but with the remote rezzies and being fully adjustable the average rider should be able to find a setting to compensate.

We can all sit and wait for someone else to produce a new quad, and no doubt Yamaha does have one in the works, But when that it comes out othesr will only improve theirs, so it's a never ending competition, or at least it should be!

I still don't see Yamaha making anything new to compete with the DS or FX for under $6500, and for the extra few $$ I'd take the EFI thumper. There is a dealer show in Vegas mid June, I think. After that we'll know more on the new Yammy. They ARE making something (2 I believe), but what?

Old 04-28-2000, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

There is a difference between the smaller ATV manufacturers and the Big-4. Cannondale and Bombardier release their machines way in advance to get press and their name out there, at the expense of giving larger competitors an edge to catch up, if any is needed.

Yamaha and Honda will hold off on releasing new machines for a month until they are available because they KNOW that the machines will sell, so they don't need to get the publicity. The longer they hold off on releasing a machine to the public before they hit dealers, the more machines that they will sell before others have caught up. Makes sense to me.

Either way, I think that any new sport quad is awesome. I'm just waiting for a new two-stroke 250 quad. If that doesn't happen THIS year, only then will I buy a four-stroke quad.