Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

SMOKEing 2stroke

Old 08-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

ok my lil brother has a 100cc commando atv i dont know if anybody has ever heard of it its a off brand the place that we bought it from did not tellus it was oil-injected and we have been mixing the oil ourselves we recently found out when we went back there we got it last christmas.

Now it smokeing when ever your hit the throttle n it dont smoke a litle bit it smoke alot we put regular gas in it and now its gray smoke before it had a little blue tint to it

should i he ride it until all the oil is out of it because you can see a nice amout of oil on the end of the pipe everything is stock and we dont want to bring it back to get serviced until we really have to be cause we just got it out

thanks if any body can answer my question

Old 08-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

come on i need help here u mean to tell me nobodys here knows whats wrong this never happened to anybody else

Old 09-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

i got some good help stop pre mixing it and fill up the oil injecter and you will be fine

Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

Originally posted by: masterbalster200
come on i need help here u mean to tell me nobodys here knows whats wrong this never happened to anybody else
I'll bet this experience is few and far between. It's pretty easy to figure out if its premix or injected. No offense, but its a pretty stupid thing to do.

If you were running it for a long time on premix and didnt fill the oil injector you have probably smoked the engine and will need a rebuild.

Old 09-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: masterbalster200
I'll bet this experience is few and far between. It's pretty easy to figure out if its premix or injected. No offense, but its a pretty stupid thing to do.

If you were running it for a long time on premix and didnt fill the oil injector you have probably smoked the engine and will need a rebuild.
ok thing is it was the first time we ever bought a quad and i knew there was a oil tank under the seat and when ever it got low we filled it we just didnt know we didnt have to mix the gas so we had mixed gas and seperate oil in there

Old 09-02-2004, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default SMOKEing 2stroke

running a little extra oil by premixing isn't that bad on the motor, it does lean out your fuel/air ratio some, but chances are not enough to actually hurt the motor. since it has oil injection just empty the gas tank(i run my old premix gas through my weed whacker or an old car to get rid of it... significantly diluted in the car), or run it out & then refill with just gas. put in a fresh spark plug & try to get a couple tanks through it.
also, I know some of the 50cc dirtbikes come with a restricter washer in the exhaust to limit power, you might ask your dealer if it has one, maybe the owners manual says something. also see if your carb has adjustment screws, if so usually there's a high & a low screw to adjust mixture at these different rpms, that can also be causing the problem.
good luck