Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Monster V-Twin

Old 08-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster V-Twin

I just want to know a few things
My friend was going to get me a banshee with no motor and i was thinkin a 100 ci or 89ci or one of them with a six speed motorcycle tranny in toa banshee! WOULD IT WORk i talked to a motor cycle guy who knew alot and he said witha smaller engine it would work so im lookin for a v twin motor but smaller than 100ci and a old banshee with no motor and tranny! anyone have an opion or a motor? banshee has to have everythin just no motor and trans!

86 kawasaki bayou go kart slayer
uni clampon air filter no air box
ngt spark plugs
lookin for a cobra pipe $$$$$$

Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

Find yourself a wrecked Harley and grab the motor out of that. You could even take the trans, which will be a 5 speed. There are PLENTY of aftermarket parts for the Harley motors and they are TORQUE MONSTERS!!! A 6 speed tranny new costs around 3K, even a little more. So just go for the 5 speed. Connecting the 2 would be the challenge. You will most likely need to go with belt drive primary though.

Old 08-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

and you're out of your mind...

Old 08-07-2004, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

I think that would be fun to have that sound on a quad. You won't be the fastest out there, but you will have a 1 of a kind quad. Go for it, and post pics!

Old 08-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

sounds like a lot of work. when a stock banshee has lots of options when it comes to performance.

Old 08-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

yeah, but EVERYONE has a Banshee, who do you know that has a Harley motor in their quad? It isn't always about being the fastest up the hill! (I'm sure I'll take heat for that!)

Old 08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

Zarley

Old 08-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Monster V-Twin

Its not going to be a vwtin i just found on ebay a sideby side engine or striaght two 650? also in the future im goin to ask how to wire the sucker up.. Do you guys think it would fit in a 250ex or a blaster or a 300ex.. not spenden a ton of moola on a quad.. besides its for fun to go through the gears oh i also found a 440 kawasaki engine belt driven anyway to convert toa heavy chain?? has 28.000 miles think i should get it?? but i need to get a quad any idea to which one to get???

Old 08-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Monster V-Twin

The parallel twin 650 is from Yamaha, and it's an aircooled motor, old technology. They can be made to run strong, for a price. As a stock motor it's very good, but only a 2 valve per cylinder. If it were me, and you were stuck on a twin that was not V configuration, I would go with the Ninja 500 twin, that motor is very strong and it has a lot of aftermarket parts available for it, I believe it's liquid cooled, also. The Yamaha TDM 850 parallel twin would be the ultimate, the later models are a 270 degree crank, but they are harder to find. PM me once you get started, and I'll help you get started..........Ernie

Old 08-11-2004, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Monster V-Twin

Hey ernie! did you get my message? im also slacker549! I also found a 440 air cooled kawasaki twin enigne belt drive can i convert?? The reason why i want a paraell motor is that it will fit in a 250 ex and a blaster! banshees are alittle on the pay more side.. Im tryin on a low cost buget.What about a three wheeler?? 250r 200s?? And how would i go about wiring it up? Today i tried to go up to a sand pit by me to meet a kid on his x girl frineds z250 but i had a flat tire but a few weeks ago i had the tire looked at and it had more than seven nails ineach tire so i got it back and now the stem fell threw into the wheel.. so today i had to live without my addiction.. To me it dosent matter what kind of quad just as its not smaller than a 250 then im fine until the next day is this bad if i want to ride everyday? and cant get enough of riding???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monster V-Twin