Want to dind out any updates go here

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2000, 06:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok fellows if you want to find out any updates go here

http://www.polarisindustries.com/pro...p?tips=manuals

download the particular manual for your atv and then do a search on "before"

on the sportsman there has been a change on the lower pod, clutch cover, tie rods and cigarette lighter plug.

So what do you guys think of this, I know they are updates during the year but it doesn't seem fair that things are put on later in the year bikes probably cause they made it better as in the tie rod ends and probably the clutch cover...so what do you guys think of this???

Old 04-13-2000, 12:55 PM
jim
Pro Rider

Thats wierd. I cant open the manual page. I keep getting an error. I tried a couple days now. Oh well.

Old 04-13-2000, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

"cigarette lighter plug" on a quad??? Give me a break!!!

Old 04-13-2000, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

AlaskaTRX,

OK , let's rephrase - "accessory power output".

Polaris uses what has become the standard accessory plug, the cigarrette lighter plug look alike. My Honda Four-Trax has another style plug for accessories. I can plug my cell phone, cooler, or any other standard 12V device into the Polaris. I have to make an adapter to fit the Honda.

Don't be fooled by the name, it is not a cigarette lighter!

ATVING, to answer the question. I have the same feeling as most before me. It is perfectly fine for the manufacturer to update the product throughout a model year. Every manufacturer of just about anything does it. Should they sit on a newly designed part until the beginning of the next model year? This doesn't make any sense at all. From a manufacturing point of view it would be a nightmare. " We have the money invested in the new clutch cover mold but we are not going to use it until next year". " Let's continue to make the old ones instead". Where is the logic in that??

Hurray to Polaris for giving us the latest mods as soon as they can. The sooner they get them on the machines the sooner they can be proven.

No they should not retrofit everything that is out there. If there is a problem with the old design they will recall or replace under warranty. If not, the old part will do fine.

If they spent all their time updating the early year releases of their machines, they would soon go broke. It would also be a logistical nightmare. A lot of manufacturers would go under trying that approach.

I think we have beat this horse to death. Let's move on!

DJ