Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Woot Woot Finaly finished the first hour break-in on my Predator.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woot Woot Finaly finished the first hour break-in on my Predator.

Well I was finally able to finish the first hour of break-in today with the wife. She pulls up next to me and with a big smile says “You sure look small”. Sheesh the wife gets a taller ATV and I get teased. J

We made it to the gas station where a kid walked over and commented on my Predator and walked around it lifting for weight and a few other things. Then he made a comment on how it wouldn’t beat a Raptor to which I asked him how there was no possibility when a Raptor puts out 34hp to the wheels and the Predator puts out 45 with only a 16lb increase. Turns out he was comparing my stock Predator to his 770cc Raptor!!! Hee Hee

He was a nice kid and I will most likely be riding with him a little this summer but my question is this. Why is it Raptor owners are always comparing their highly modified Raptors to a STOCK Predator. Did Polaris really raise the bar that high? GO POLARIS!!

From here on out my wife and I had a blast. At one point she took off in front of me and then started sliding on hidden ice on the trail. I was coming up on her fast and slid right up to her till she looked back and I yelled Ahhhhh. She nailed the throttle and got out of the way. We laughed so hard at this.

I was putting along since I didn’t want to leave her behind only to have her come hauling butt by me with a smile. We had straight aways, twisties, whoops, and hills on this round trip and even one dirt road where I kind of opened it up and DAMN DOES THIS THING FLY!!!!! I was roosting rocks and the powder snow we had gear after gear. I was a bit nervous about spinning out but it was such a rush and I still didn’t use full throttle! I can’t believe how the Predator really rips when the RPMs are up.

I had so much fun today I want to get back out and ride again. The next free time I have after tomorrow won’t be for two weeks. When gets close and if my dealership still doesn’t have the oil filters I may have to order them through Modquad’s source. J

I love everything about this machine!!! As soon as oil and filters come into my dealership I will get a chance to actually ride like I want instead of putting 99% of the time. I still have a Banshee and 2 250R’s to ride with this summer. I can’t wait!!!

Polaris built exactly what I was looking for!! Hope everyone enjoys their new machine and we will watch Polaris show the other companies up left and right like their 150hp turbocharged wave runner they have coming! I want to turbo my Predator so they better hurry up and make a kit!! Honestly I don’t think I could come up with a reason to justify it to the wife. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Till next time get out, ride, and show your Polaris Pride!!!!

Old 01-05-2003, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

How's the new predator feel when compared to your banshee/250r's? Speed? Acceleration? Handling?

Thanks.

Old 01-05-2003, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry about the way I wrote that. The Bansee and 250Rs belong to friends that I will be riding with this summer.

As far as more indepth info, this is my first sport quad so I cannot compair it to anything. It sure is a great start huh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

Wtf the pred doesn't put out 46rwhp the damn thing puts out 42rwhp from what dyno jet got. Hmm the pred is actually underpowered cause we all know that polaris made fugi get all the power they could from the 500cc motor by adding cams and a high comp piston.If u look at the drz400 motor in the d-bike it makes over 40+ rwhp when the z only makes 30 rwhp with a detuned 400cc motor so this is saying that the pred motor doesn't have as much power as said. If suzuki would have tuned the drz up more it would eat up them preds just like raptors do. U can't compare a stock raptor to a stock predator because the raptor is the most detuned 4-stroke quad out there. If u add a high compiston, cams, porting and polishing, and a full exhaust to the raptor and add cams and an exhaust to the pred say bye bye to the pred. The only reason polaris added all those features to the pred was probably to cover up all the crappy quality.Thats one major problems polaris has is makeing these feature packed quads to cover up for the crappy quality of the quad overall. One other thing is please dont respond with some ignorent post like "727banshee is just mad cause he has a banshee or he's just jealous" because that is kiddy bs.

Old 01-05-2003, 08:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

727 Shee, ever think you're bringing this all on yourself. Hmmm, let's just stop over to the other forums, spout off in an uninformed manner, then get defensive. Sounds like you're having Predator envy? Ride what you want, but maybe you could try to be a little less sarchastic and defensive yourself.

Ken

Old 01-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yo banshee pri@k check out my post...on my trade from a DS to the predator, I would have slapped that hunk of trash banshee all over town them things are junk everyone in the world has owned em'...take your 20 year old design import that is by the way going to get crushed out of production by the EPA and trade it in on something new and from your country... and why should you have the modify a 660 machine to beat a 500 do you feel more of a man? I would hope it would, why the hell should I have to do so much up grade work to have it perform? I owned a sweet DS to be honest it was Power hitting hold the hell on tight fast with really not to much in the mod area other than a few bolt on's no crazy I have to bore it to a 9000 to make it fly junk.... it just handled like a PIG,... I mean PIG if you took it on the straight run perfect...but I ride like most pit some times trails others and snow when it comes!! That Raptor is a money pit sure up grade it to hell with engine mods...then take it out and barel roll it sideways because of it's narrowness..Ohh I feel another up grade!! Why do people brake stones when a new hitter comes to play? This is a great machine I am sure it will have its share of problem but hey when your raptors trans is broke or you flipped your DS because the front weighted 400 lbs and busted it up..or the cheap *** frame is cracked on you Z well I think everyone knows what I'm getting at they all have problems....
You opened this up on you I happen to a past fan of your machine... it just revs me to hear the people ripping this out of the box with all the goodies in the right place Bike...Have you ridden it? Please answer this question What is the big deal with this thing coming out to play with the others.. Why would everyone want to knock it, instead of praise it do you think a 50 yr old co is going to build a piece of sh@# to ruin their rep and why would they offer you a 3yr warranty?? that is super cheap to buy? To put them selves under?? I doubt it!! I think someone has finally done there homework for a change and brought a bike it to the sport for a fair price with a get on a go product Hell I paid over 7500 for my Bomd and the dealer did't let me ride it for more than 2 minutes.. Polaris has a great sales crew and seems to pull no punches.. I could talk abut it for ever and I'm sure you's will... If I need to go that fast straight I am in the wrong sport go buy a rail car with some alochol injection and find a new hobby!!

Old 01-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow!! Why would you sound so pi$$ed off because Polaris Finally made a bike that can contend with all the other big bikes. Your Banshee is being left behind. It is old, outdated And not many people want them anymore. Yes the Banshee is a kick *** bike (I know! I drove one for 8 yrs). But come on. For you to come here and bash a new bike is totally uncalled for. Untill you get your facts straight and you get out of the stone age, go back to your Yammi forum. What makes you think that the Preditor is a piece of crap? They just came out and have had no problems unlike the Raptor when it came out. And the fact thet they tear up Banshees i bet really gets you. Leaving you that much further behind. HMM the Cannondale, DS, Raptor and now the Preditor. Sounds like you need to get with the times. It wont matter how much money you put into your Banshee, It will NEVER handle and out perform the Preditor.

Old 01-05-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hey TLD, you might check the other posts on the subject but the 400ex oil filter is the same as the filter for the Predator. I have changed mine once and it time for the second change now. Don't worry about the cover o-ring, you don't get one with the Polaris filter either from what I've been told.

Old 01-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 727Banshee
Wtf the pred doesn't put out 46rwhp the damn thing puts out 42rwhp from what dyno jet got.
Why quote the lowest dyno number you could find? Was it because its still higher than your stock shee?
Try this link, and be sure and read Harry's last post (unless your afraid of the truth). Predator Exhaust pipe

One other thing is please dont respond with some ignorent post like "727banshee is just mad cause he has a banshee or he's just jealous" because that is kiddy bs.
You said it yourself....

Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

727Banshee,

Dude, you say the dumbest stuff!!! WOW! Do you have problems or what? Get a girlfriend or something...as a matter of fact, just leave this sport if you are going to continue to act like a complete idiot.

Quick Reply: Woot Woot Finaly finished the first hour break-in on my Predator.