Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer 250 Bogging Bad??

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer 250 Bogging Bad??

My brother has an 01 Trailblazer 250, the problem is after it warms up it will bog out and just pour gas out of the overflow??
Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions?? We took it to the dealer twice and they said they couldn't duplicate the issue, Finally we took it there right after it happened and they said that the gas out of the overflow was normal. They said to fix the issue, turn the gas off if you stop. What kind of answer is that?

All tips and help are much appreciated!!

Old 10-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Hows the air filter. 2 strokes are very tempermental if they don't get enough air. Try cleaning it, or get a new one.

Old 10-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

The air filter is brand new. We have tried new plugs also. The dealer thought it could be a lined pinched but they checked it and so did we and couldn't find any lines pinched.

Old 10-30-2002, 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im no mechanic but the first thing that came to my head when i heard that there was gas coming out the overflow was your floats. If your floats are letting too much gas in your carb., it will sputter and cough and maybe bogg. My bro's bike sputters and coughs. U have to get those floats set to let in enough gas to make the engine run just right. I may be wrong but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Old 10-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

do a compression test on the motor I had a trailblazer doing the sam thing it only had 75 psu when i did the test I had to do a complete top end rebuild

Old 11-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

Problem Solved!!
Come to find out the stock fuel filters are not the greatest and the fuel ruined the needle and seat.
The dealer replaced the needle and seat, now it runs like a champ!!
This is what the dealer said was the problem?
I am going to replace the fuel filter with a better one.

Thanks for all the help!!

Old 11-14-2002, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider

Glad your quad is running better, however I don' think it's the fuel filter. My trailblazer had an similar bogging problem, and it wasn't the fuel filter. Have you ever drained your carb???? Turn your fuel off, you can use a screwdriver to loosen the calmp on each side of the carb and by using one person, you can tilt the carb so bowl train bolt is toward the pull starter side. You need to turn the carb alot, but that will let you get a wrench inside to loosen the train on the carb (it's nit tight at all only 10lbs ) this way you don't have to go to the trouble of removing the carb (and you can even do it on site, we did). After you remove the train bolt, center the carb and turn the fuel on, let the fuel run out for a few seconds to make sure there is not dirt or water left in the carb, then turn the fuel off again. Check the bottom inside of the drain bolt, you will probably see mud or dirt deposits, celan with carb cleaner or similar substence. THen retilt the card to put the drain bolt back in (only tighten till snug!!!!) and recenter the carb and tighten the clamps on bolth sides. Turn your fuel line on and start it up, quad runs like new!!!! I have to do this every so often, you get used to it and its not that hard, I think the dirt is comming from the airbox/filter, I'm gonna get a k&N soon and hopefully that will solve my problem. Hope this helps!!!