Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My brother sais polaris are junk........

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Muddy I was just kidding dont take everything so serrious

Old 06-26-2002, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry Fox if Polaris made such a terrible machine, then why is it that all the other manufacturers are going to automatic and offering other features that Polaris has pioneered. There are really no bad bikes out there, just bad riders and poor mechanics.

Ride Hard- Live Large Rockwalker

Old 06-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I've never seen a Polaris broke down on the trail, but I've seen every other brand broke down from time to time.

Old 06-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Polaris ATVs are JUNK!

just kidding!

buy one, you'll love it!

P.S. value all of what Muddy4life says as you wish keeping in mind that he is a SALESMAN at a HONDA dealership and that he keeps on display a burnt-up polaris belt behind his desk to coax his customers into thinking HIS way. kinda understand now why he keeps writing the SAME THING over and over and over and over ect.?

have a nice day!

-MT

Old 06-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

Is that Predator for real or just a joke?

Old 06-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

<< he is a SALESMAN at a HONDA dealership >>

Oh, I see, it all makes sense now.

Old 06-27-2002, 06:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello all,

New to the site, and an excelent one it is. As far as any machine being junk. Any and all brands have good and bad. As well, new models comming out can have problems too. It all boils down to how the machines are taken care of and how the rider handels his machine. Preventative maintenance goes a long way along with proper break in time. I have found many people will put down other machines due to lack of knowledge of that brand and hearsay from others. At times, unfortunately, some machines are lemons, but it isn't single to any one brand. I, for one, have been more than happy with my Sportsman. It goes anywhere I want it too and every month it gets a once over including greasing all fittings. To me it boils down to what you want in a machine in ones own personal preferences. For a person to come on another brands board and put down others for what one has chosen is very ill manured to me, as I have saw on several posts.
Have fun all and keep it safe.....

Old 06-27-2002, 08:22 AM
Range Rover

MUDDY is a Honda salesman. No wonder he's had so many problems. Honda people just can't seem to treat a Polaris right. I've seen this more than once.

We took in a Recon the other day on trade. Being that I was a Honda man years ago, I thought I would take it for a little test spin. MAN, I'm sure glad I own a good riding Polaris. I never realized that those Hondas were so stiff. I had a hard time just trying to ride it around like a Polaris and keeping myself on the seat at the same time. I had to ride slower just to stay in control of that tiny little Recon.

I wonder if MUDDY brings his back brace to work so he can show everyone what Honda has to offer.

Old 06-27-2002, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

Almost everytime I stop to talk to someone when I'm riding, they are asking all kinds of questions about my Sportman. The funny thing is, I'm not that interested in asking them anything about thier machines. Why is that?

Old 06-27-2002, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

<< There are really no bad bikes out there, just bad riders and poor mechanics. >>

Man, that's so true....The mechanics can play a big part in how you feel about a machine.

I'm on the verge of thinking my snowmachine is junk because I had a series of problems with it this passed winter....The reason I am keeping it is because I really think the problems are that nobody I have taken it too can fix it correctly.

One of my main problems last year was that it was &quot;cutting out&quot; on me around corners and over bumps. I took it to one shop who cleaned my carbs, checked a couple other things, and ended up changing my kill switch. That deffinatly could have been a problem, but the thing that made me mad is that they said &quot;okay, all finished...no more skipping&quot;. Hah! I got on it and I felt the problem again once I hit the first corner on the way back to my parents house. I was ripping. I called them when I got back and they said &quot;well, we checked everything else out and we aren't sure&quot;. Still got the $90 bill from them though. To make matters worse, a new problem surfaced when I got the sled back from them....I was fouling plugs like crazy.

I took it to another place and it was there for a week and they said that they couldn't determine the problem. Gee, that's nice.

Anyway the third shop that I brought it too found the problem, but it took them a week as well. A spark plugged was wedged underneath the engine pinched against some wires....must be when the engine moved it pinched the wires and made them arc. Anyway, he put it all back together and it was still skipping. It spent another few days there and he decided to pull the motor again and found ANOTHER spark plug. I don't know who dropped the plugs in there but it wasn't me....the original person that I tried having fix my sled rebuilt my engine last year....the problem started after that....hmmmm...I won't jump to any conclusions though.

Well the guys got it all back together and it still had the spark plug fouling problem caused by the first place that worked on it. Unfortunatly I ran out of snow last year so that problem still isn't resolved.

I could blame this on Ski-Doo, and I'm sure that if I told most people this story and left out the details they would say that my sled is a hunk of crap.

I'm sure that some of the horror stories you hear involving Polaris have some details left out...If I would have just said I've got a Ski-Doo Mach Z that has a ton of problems with it and just listed, it was cutting out and fouling plugs constantly it may sway some people from buying that sled.

Anyway, I'm done rambling. Thanks.

-Josh

Quick Reply: My brother sais polaris are junk........