Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 12-13-2001, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

When I Shift into reverse the motor dies unless I hold in the override button in. Anybody know what the problem is and how I can fix. I also need to replace the rear axle. Anybody know the price of one from Polaris. Both of these Problems are on my 95 Sportsman 400
Oh yeah can anybody give me tips on how big a tire will go on these w/ factory wheels w/o any lift.
Old 12-13-2001, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to Muddyxplor4x4

If you have to replace the rear axle, go with Dura Blue, then you dont have to worry about this anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2001, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

In reverse mode, you NEED to push on the override button to allow engine run perfectly. It's absolutely normalous, it's a security system ! This button allow too to connect the 4x4 mode in reverse.
Old 12-13-2001, 04:34 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Make sure that your idle is set properly....when you shift into reverse, your "short" for the override button has already taken place. If your idle is not set properly, you are just "adding" to the short.
I hope this works!!.....also, a srock axle is $250-$280, depending on the vendor. I would also go with a Durablue axle. It is a little more money, but a whole lot more dependable!
My MX 400 Sport
Old 12-13-2001, 09:01 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

this happened on my brotherin laws 95 sportsman too.it had a pinched wire on the speed limiter we fixed it and it worked for awhile now the limiter needs replaced but its not hard to get to or change.
2001 400 Sportsman traded for a CJ5 Jeep
2004 Victory TC Cruiser
1972 FLH Harley (my pride and joy of 20+yrs)
Old 12-13-2001, 09:01 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2002, 400, atv, button, dies, fix, motor, overdrive, override, polaris, problems, push, pushed, put, reverse, scrambler, skipping