Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where Did Everyone Go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Did Everyone Go?

I've been a member on this Forum for years. And the Polaris forum was always a super busy place. I haven't visited here in the last few years....

So where the hell did everyone go?

There used to be at least 2-3 pages of current posts!

Where did all the Polaris folks go?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mtpockets
I've been a member on this Forum for years. And the Polaris forum was always a super busy place. I haven't visited here in the last few years....

So where the hell did everyone go?

There used to be at least 2-3 pages of current posts!

Where did all the Polaris folks go?
Sorry, MT, when it came time to buy a bigger bore than my '06 Sportsman X2 500, I went to the dark side and got a Can-Am. I just couldn't bring myself to get a Polaris Touring that had no rack space in the rear when you put the passenger seat on. I would have bought an X2 850 Limited Edition but the only one nearby had been used by the dealership to plow.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

"I haven't visited here in the last few years...." Same thing can be said for a lot of people. They just move on, some croak or get different machines,have different priorities later on in life,get out of atv activity,then a new group of people show up then the cycle repeats itself. Noticed that over the years while still at the old dealership dealing with customers.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the responses. Makes sence.

I just clicked on the other brands here on this Forum and it's even worse than here going back into mid July on the first page!

Which leads me to think that maybe there is some "other" forum out there that everyone has jumped ship for?

It's like a ghost town around here! (really quite surprising.......and sad)

Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a couple of guys who switched brands and one still posts here but I don't know where everyone else went. They just disappeared.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mtpockets
Thanks for the responses. Makes sence.

I just clicked on the other brands here on this Forum and it's even worse than here going back into mid July on the first page!

Which leads me to think that maybe there is some "other" forum out there that everyone has jumped ship for?

It's like a ghost town around here! (really quite surprising.......and sad)
I think most folks go to the brand or model specific sites anymore. There are so many forums out there. Hard to find the ones that have the most activity.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

I've noticed that too over the last year or so. I frequent this forum every few days but I rarely post and just read. But you are right everyone disappeared...

John

Old 08-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RonV
I think most folks go to the brand or model specific sites anymore. There are so many forums out there. Hard to find the ones that have the most activity.
Yep that too!Seems like a lot of model specific or "sub" forums as I call them are everywhere now for almost all the makes of off road vehicles.Some are really informative,some not so much. Along with forums for almost everything under the sun. You name it,they have a forum for it. I glanced at one medical RA forum and never went back. Sounded like a lot of people posting there are part of the walking dead and I'm not quite there..yet.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

basically speaking for my self, I haven't even ridden my wheelers in pretty much 2 to 3 years as been too busy with work and new houses. besides ever since opt joined and with his wisdom from working on Polaris for 20 years I feel this forum has been in great hands. I do miss chiming in on a lot of post but, but he is a better person for the job and being retired has more time them me lol. by the way, great job old polaris tech.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

I love this forum, check in every day.