Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where Did Everyone Go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:12 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
I love this forum, check in every day.
Same here. Every day unless I'm away on vacation. I've learned a lot.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to check in periodically but for me my machine sits all summer so I don't think about coming on-line. Hunting season just around the corner so it seems once I am back on the machine my interest perks up to come back and check out the site.....

Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Still here as well.. Read mostly when I have time which seems far and few between these days. Like many people, Work, family, and life in general takes priority. Especially work for me from about April to Dec. I can tell the economy is coming back. 55-60 hours a week is pretty typical this year, where in the past few years it was more like 40-50 Only managed one trip to hatfield mccoys and maybe half dozen day trips somewhere within 60 mile radius. winter will come soon enough and then I can breath a bit more.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

just about every shift i look at stuff (every 3rd day) usually not signed in though.
i have been busy fixing or maintaining 7 different bikes.
OPT is quite frankly whats keeping me on this site, others here aswell have great input. OPT has even answered on honda and Arctic Cat threads for me.
I dont know enough to help others but will soon be posting a dissertation on how not to treat an ATV and how expensive repairs are. I'm still working on a sportsman 800 for over 2 yrs now with plenty of help from this forum.
for every 1 person that's a member there are 100 non-registered people looking at stuff.
You guys just keep putting up great info for people like me (or my kids) that keep breaking stuff, it is truly appreciated.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by readymixer169
Still here as well.. Read mostly when I have time which seems far and few between these days. Like many people, Work, family, and life in general takes priority. Especially work for me from about April to Dec. I can tell the economy is coming back. 55-60 hours a week is pretty typical this year, where in the past few years it was more like 40-50 Only managed one trip to hatfield mccoys and maybe half dozen day trips somewhere within 60 mile radius. winter will come soon enough and then I can breath a bit more.
ya mixer that is my issue as well your lucky though ay least you got to ride your bikes. I managed this spring to replace my battery in my 500 and drove the bikes from the enclosed trailer to one of the new garages I put in. that's as far I have drove the damn thing since I restored it 3 years ago. hell, I bought a brand new motorcycle 2 seasons ago and I think I have less then 2800 miles on it and I only drove it this year about400 miles.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah i've noticed that too over the last year. But OPT keeps me coming back. I think many are on here (http://www.polarisatvforums.com/) yet sometimes they flop around like a fish out of water trying to figure stuff out. When i can't stand to look anymore i send 'em over to OPT here! Go figure. :banana:

Old 11-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice to see both old and newer forum members here!

Years ago there were fierce brand battles that took place here! Incredible bashing! Incredible brand defending! We had all-out battles that lasted overnight, days, weeks! People were banned for vulgarity, personal insults, and more! Blood pressures soared!

Years ago there were dozens of topics on the new models coming out! The enthusiasm even grew as members brought home the new model and came here to fill us in on how great it was!

Years ago there were really only two places ATV enthusiasts visited- here and HL.

I visit today to read about the '15 Sportsman 1000 (expecting to find a dozen topics) and can't find a damn thing from owners! And the quad has been on dealer's showrooms for 2 months! In fact, I find it difficult to find any info on the 2015 ATVs.

Well, off to do a google search!

Be well my remaining friends.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:48 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Back in the day, the Bombardier forum, now CanAm was a place you'd find some really heated discussions. Summertime used to pick up quite a bit. But mostly it was kids on their parents internet stirring up more than they were posting about what they really had. (or pretended to have)

Brand and model specific forums are a lot more prevalent now. So much easier to start a website than it was. But, as that site gets more popular, they find out how much is involved in keeping it going. I've seen people leave here, and come back later.

I know I'm guilty of doing that for my motorcycles. But for atv's I've always stayed here.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
I love this forum, check in every day.
Same here, I read the post just about every day. not much for posting

Old 11-21-2014, 03:53 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mtpockets
Nice to see both old and newer forum members here!

Years ago there were fierce brand battles that took place here! Incredible bashing! Incredible brand defending! We had all-out battles that lasted overnight, days, weeks! People were banned for vulgarity, personal insults, and more! Blood pressures soared!

Years ago there were dozens of topics on the new models coming out! The enthusiasm even grew as members brought home the new model and came here to fill us in on how great it was!

Years ago there were really only two places ATV enthusiasts visited- here and HL.

I visit today to read about the '15 Sportsman 1000 (expecting to find a dozen topics) and can't find a damn thing from owners! And the quad has been on dealer's showrooms for 2 months! In fact, I find it difficult to find any info on the 2015 ATVs.

Well, off to do a google search!

Be well my remaining friends.

let me know folks if there is any of that old B.S and I will deal with it swiftly like the old days. I check in a lot so let me know!