Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

94 magnum 300

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 magnum 300

what can yall tell me bout this quad,..the good the bad an the ugly!!

Old 08-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it says Magnum,someone changed decals or you have something other than a 300.The first Magnum came out in 95 and was a 425. 94 was the first year the 300 came out and was called a 300 2x4,4x4 and 6x6. Overall good engines,but noisier than the 250. Oil injected through the carb instead of the base of the cylinder like the 250. Had a few of the first production models that had a plastic oil pump drive gear that failed. Polaris went a little cheap on the first ones,but then switched back to the metal drive gear and no more pump problems. Item#16 Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse

Old 08-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

thanks opt,..you right it dont have magnum on it just 300 2x4,...gave 420 bucks for it,..took carb apart to clean it an fneedle valve pin was missing,...made one an cleaned it out,..put back on an fired right up,..gotta find a air box for it so itll breath right! do these have counter balance oil like my xplorer or do thay lube like reguler 2 strokes?

Old 08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

took recoil houseing off to re string it an it was bout qurter full off merking oily watery mess,.im thinking this is not right....thanks for your wisdom OPT!!

Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Not as complicated as the 400 engine,plus doesn't have a counter balancer.Just has the oil tank at the front and injects through the carb.Any TCW3 rated injector oil is ok. Fairly easy to rebuild if necessary.Just like the old 250 engine. As far as the recoil oily mess,could be just water mixing with the grease from the recoil parts or could have a leaking crank seal. I'd check compression before you get too involved and go from there. GET a manual or look at this one..http://gh-ftp.com/ORV%20Manuals/Pola...e%20Manual.pdf

Old 08-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,..i like that manual! waiting on parts so i can put my xplorer trans back together! hoping this 300 2x4 be a good runner for the lady an kids! think im gonna buy a compression test set an check that seal,..looked as oily as it did mud an water! thanks again OPT!!

Old 08-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

well,..dang pilot jet been kicking my tail not wanting to turn out an not unclogging ether!! had my fill of it bout 3 am this mourning and broke out the drill! hoping threads ok...now gotta order a jet too,oh well lest it be right! so on to other things,..got high gear,..reverse is there but hard to get in to an no sign of low gear,..so be starting with shifter an hope its not another transmission rebuild!!! OPT what can you tell me bout this fan that blows on the motor? dose it run all the time or is there a senser on motor kicking it on an off??? compression test showed 109 lbs an held it pretty well! get these few issues straight and i believe ill have another nice 4wheeler im real happy with!!

Old 08-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

First off compression is low.. Not what you want to hear I know. Should be a minimum of 120 or so to run right,but could just be your gauge also. May run,but may not last as it is with compression this low. The fan on the 300 is really a joke. Not so much the fan,but the cheap sensor that's located on the rear engine mount instead of on the engine. Rarely do most of these fans turn on unless it gets super hot.Usually the sensor ends up shorting out or breaking from the vibration and the fan will run constantly. If mine I'd have it on a toggle and kick the fan on when under a load or if very slow driving for extended periods.Item #7 on the break down.Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse Just try to adjust the linkage on the shift box. Have it in neutral and loosen the lock nuts on the linkage ends close to the shift box,remove the 10mm nuts holding the linkage ends to the shift box slides.While the linkage arms are removed,check for excessive play in the shift lever,plus check that it can shift good from neutral to hi and low and reverse.Turn the linkage adjuster ends to where the drop straight into the shift box slide arms with no resistance or pulling.See if it shifts better. If not,shift box parts may need to be replaced. Some parts are becoming NLA.Plus this simple tool can help clean jets if they're stripped out and the jet can't be removed.Available online or at a lot of shops.

Attached Thumbnails 94 magnum 300-msltlskt0403.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,..torch tip cleaner,..ended up braking off in the jet,..hence the need for the drill...no wounder i couldnt find senser on the motor!! ill check it to see if its working right if not ill toggle switch it!! thanks again OPT!!

Old 09-30-2014, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

opt?? you ever order parts from Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Honda, Arctic Cat & Polaris OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse
im waiting on parts and starting to get that itchy feeling....

Quick Reply: 94 magnum 300