Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

bored outlaw 525 no mid range

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bored outlaw 525 no mid range

bored my outlaw to a 570 after a dealer ship didnt torque my clutch cover bolts and they all came out and draind the motor of oil. now i am haveing problems with no mid range. iv ben rideing for years and know how to do alot of my own work and have taken this thing apart a few times tried every jet setting i possibly could to no avail. i got all the low end and if i can get past mid range i got alot of top end but the mid range (crusing speed of about 40 mph down a trail) the motor just pops and cuts out kind of like its being choked out. before the bore kit i could ride wheelies from first shifting through to 5th while still up in a wheelie now i can get the dam thing to pull up even.

i have had alot of suggestion of bigger header or bigger carb but these are all guesses and i dont have the money to just guess.

if u got an answer u can email me at ktm_outlaw_570@yahoo.com

Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you tried changing the needle setting?

Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default re outlaw 570 no mid

yes i have tried every setting up down, fuel mixture every main and pilot jet...now the worse part of this story took my outlaw out 2 days ago ran like a raped ape no pop no nothing...was so pissed odd but i have ben fighting it forever.. got back to the house and my head gaskets...top to bottom all pushing out anti-freeze. leads me to believe the compresion was to high or something if it runs while able to blow by some pressure idk, but i got new gaskets ordered from thumper and i am also gonna put my stock cam shaft back in as well.

someone once said my header pipe was to small. would it be possible with a aftermarket cam that my stock header wasnt allowing enough to come out and chokeing out the motor?

Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You can sort of tell by the plug condition whether it was rich or lean,plus what compression ratio were you up to? A lot of guy's at the shop that got into this had to mix 50/50 pump gas with VP 108. But sounds like you have other problems first to take care of.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default outtlaw 570

as for the compression ratio i have no clue. but i have tried to run A LOT of octane booster to so see if i had a gas problem and no matter how much or little i used the problem continued. just got my new gaskets from thumper and a tech book for my quad. wish me luck since iv never taken my own quads motor apart especially since i have payed for the dam thing 3 times over