Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Default Polaris 550 XP Coolant Change

Any ideas on how to change it? Is the prescribed method just pulling the lower hose? Obviously I am not going to get everything out, but can't seem to see anywhere else to do it.

Any ideas or experiences you care to share?

Thanks.
Polaris Hand/Thumb Warmers w/ Hand Guards; Front and Rear Lock and Ride Storage Boxes - Rear Rack Extender; ATV GURU Front and Rear Brush Guards; Warn RT30 Winch w/ Wireless Remote; Garmin Oregon 400t GPS w/ RAM Mount; Rotopax Mount w/ 2 gallons mounted to Guru Rear Brush Guard
Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Garage is empty, add now

Takes about 12 steps to do this properly on the 550.If you don't have a manual here's a pdf one that you can download and see what's involved. Yes,pulling the lower hose is the first step.PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket.
Whats right is whats left after you do everything else wrong (Robin Williams)
Don't pick a fight with an old man,if he can't fight he'll just shoot ya!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Perfect, thank you very much!
Polaris Hand/Thumb Warmers w/ Hand Guards; Front and Rear Lock and Ride Storage Boxes - Rear Rack Extender; ATV GURU Front and Rear Brush Guards; Warn RT30 Winch w/ Wireless Remote; Garmin Oregon 400t GPS w/ RAM Mount; Rotopax Mount w/ 2 gallons mounted to Guru Rear Brush Guard
Old 06-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

My father-in-law just purchased a 2013 850 XP...could you point me in the direction of a manual for his machine, or perhaps 2012 or 11 because I don't think very much has changed in the last year or two on them.

Thanks again.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Garage is empty, add now

This new of a manual you're going to have to try Ebay or your dealer,whoever's cheaper
Plus for most items you can use the link I gave you and download the 2009 850 manual as a lot of service/repair items will be the same or similar. Plus here's a link for $4.95 Pdf on the 2013 model 850.http://polaris-atv.brssm.com/2013-Po...ce-Manual.html
Whats right is whats left after you do everything else wrong (Robin Williams)
Don't pick a fight with an old man,if he can't fight he'll just shoot ya!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

all good news, I'll pass it along to my father in law!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2009, 550, 550xp, 850, antifreeze, atv, capacity, capcity, change, coolant, forums, kind, polaris, type, xp