Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Another Dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Dealer...

I have to go some were and complain or vent!!

We have a local dealer, D & J Cycle center here in Smithfield NC.

I called about 4:30 today and he(owner) answers the phone, I tell him who I am and hows it going...His reply...

Well Im close today and have another customer on the line I just hung up the phone!!

Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy Daughtrylc.........I can see this in a couple directions..........the store is closed and the guy is there on 'his day off". Maybe he shouldn't even answer the phone, but it could be a supplier that he needs to speak with......maybe he could have had a little more tact. Then again, I know when I call a business for answers and whatnot.......I don't expect quick nonchalant answers as that. Give it another try if you can........NoJoke

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Daughtrylc
I have to go some were and complain or vent!!

We have a local dealer, D & J Cycle center here in Smithfield NC.

I called about 4:30 today and he(owner) answers the phone, I tell him who I am and hows it going...His reply...

Well Im close today and have another customer on the line I just hung up the phone!!

YOU asked "how's it going"...he told you. Ask a question, get a answer.

How do you know his next words weren't going to be...

"besides that I'm great, what can I do for you"
or...
"but if you can hold for a few I'll be right with you."

You hung up before even giving the guy a chance to finish. Now your mad and are going to drag his name through the mud?? I think that sucks!

Wenty

Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

We were open Tuesday thru Saturday,if the parts manager came in to catch up on work,or the owner on a Monday, OR even me once or twice,the phone wasn't answered( was set to say we were closed and leave message and we would get back to you,which we did on TUESDAY) they were there to CATCH UP,but the dealer mentioned did not do the right thing when he answered the phone and should have helped the caller! My 2 cents worth! OPT

Old 03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoJoke
Howdy Daughtrylc.........I can see this in a couple directions..........the store is closed and the guy is there on 'his day off". Maybe he shouldn't even answer the phone, but it could be a supplier that he needs to speak with......maybe he could have had a little more tact. Then again, I know when I call a business for answers and whatnot.......I don't expect quick nonchalant answers as that. Give it another try if you can........NoJoke
+1 I agree 100%. You never know how that guys day has been going, and from the sound of it....probably not too good. Give him a second chance to provide some good customer service.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

we have all been there on both ends!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

theres always another dealer aorund if you feel that one is not treating you right. but as mentioned everyone could have done things a little differnt. imo

Old 03-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer

I've got this small plaque hanging in the shop.
"Bad day in progress, .... approach at your own risk!"

When I'm in on my day off it is usually to deal with an unpleasant situation that needs our more than 100% attention.
We do not pick up the phone on these days, ...

Don't be a crybaby, give him his needed space and simply walk over to the another dealer. I'm sure he'll adress your every whim on his bad days off!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Trailblazer

As a former automotive parts person working on your day off and the store is closed the last thing you want to do is answer the phone,it a habit/reaction to pick it up give him a break.........

Old 03-30-2011, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

Have you had bad/good encounters with this shop before? At 4:30 he might have been just closing up or closed all together depending on the day. If he has treated you badly in the past then go elsewhere if applicable. Maybe you both were having a bad day and emotions clashed. I hope you feel better for venting but you could've left his name out of the post!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Another Dealer...