Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Magnum 330 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can turn the idle down to where it will barely idle when its cold, when it warms up it will idle faster but should be alright, with it creeping you are doing damage to the clutch and belt.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

The tranny fluid level should be 1 5/8" down from the top of the fill port.
Here is a few numbers you can jott down:
1: Engine oil: 1.9 qts.
2: AGL (tranny fluid): 13.50oz.(400ml.) 1 5/8" from top of fill port
3:Angle drive fluid: 5oz.(150ml) front/ 10oz.(300ml) rear
4emand drive fluid: 5oz.(150ml.) (Hubs)
These are the specs from an 02 model. I'd guess they would be the same for yours but don't quote me on it.
Engine idle rpm adjustment: qouted from manual
If the engine idle speed is not satisfactory,and all other conditions are favorable,the carburetor can be adjusted as follows.
1. Warm up the engine by running the vehicle approximately five minutes.
2. Place the transmission in gear with the parking brake applied.
3. Adjust the catburetor idle screw in or out until desired rpm is reached. (clockwise will raise rpm)(counter clockwise will lower rpm)
Pretty straight foward/ hope this helped

Old 01-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Heaps of help. I am surprised the depth to the top of the tranny fluid is so deep.

Thanks again for all the help-good information and I know it takes time to come up with accurate information.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

I had an issue with my Magnum 500 when I first got it, and it was a linkage adjustment issue. There is a procedure in the polaris manual to set this, basically it involves removing the linkage, setting up the shifter at both ends in the proper detent position, re-installing the linkage with the adjusting nut and rod loose to fit on the posts without moving either end from their detent positions. Then adjust the rod length out and in until resistance is felt, on both ends, and set the adjustment to the middle of these points, and lock it up. Sounds more complicated than it is, and it fixed me right up.
Good luck.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Very good info-

Does anyone have a suggestion on getting parts, operators, service manuals for this machine. Past experience with other equipment I own is find the manuals...

Also, I am looking for the pin connector that is connected to the main wiring harness that connects to the ignition switch at the handlebars. The pins are loose and the previous owner rigged it. I thought I had it fixed but it worked its way loose again. It seems there would be some scrap machines out there with salvageable parts. I don't want to replace the entire harness-just that female receiving connector. I think it is an eight pin...It is a good machine, just a few bugs.

Thanks again-

Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by manum
Very good info-

Does anyone have a suggestion on getting parts, operators, service manuals for this machine. Past experience with other equipment I own is find the manuals...

Also, I am looking for the pin connector that is connected to the main wiring harness that connects to the ignition switch at the handlebars.
Thanks again-
You could try ebay but , I'd would guess that your going to have to go through the dealer on that one.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default polaris 330 4x4 issues with clutch or transmission

I need some help with my polaris.
This weekend put the transmission on high. but did not engage (clutch). after a while, it started catching up with engine rpms. If set to low, it did fine.
Any ideas what's wrong with it?
Thanks,
JV

Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Have you checked the condition of your belt,clutch buttons,springs etc.? Sounds to me like your belt is not grabbing. Please give us a little more detail so one us on here might be of more help.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default drive belt not grabbing???

thanks for replying.
i will check the belt this weekend. I have never that problems with the polaris in the last 3 years. But in the last 2 months, my starter went out and now the clutch issue. Most likely the belt is worn out or loose if can be adjusted. However, in Low gear, it works fine???
jv

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I changed my drive belt and it was and easy job. Worthwhile I would say at any rate. Not too expensive. I went to NAPA-they had a cross.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Magnum 330 4x4