Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2002 sportsman plow

Hi Polaris fan

This is my first post on this site.

I've purchased a used 2002 Sportsman 700 in June. I have a friend that has used complete Polaris plow for a 2002 Sportsman 400.

Question 1. Are thee mounting bracket compatible?

Question 2. If not compatible, could it be eassily modified to fit.

Question 3. Where can I order the proper mounting brackets.

The plow is a Polaris labelled plow, 60 inches, with settable angle. The push tube is a quick mount with a spring loaded attachment to a round pin on both side.

Unfortunately there is no Polaris dealer in town and the nearest one is a few hours away.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide me.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
2008 polaris sportsman

yes it will fit.
home made 54" snow plow, 3000lb warn winch, winch grill cut out "cut by me", 8 911ep led warning lights & ls12, LED taillights & work lights, front bumper, K&N air filter, P-X-T tires & alum rims(summer), 489 & steel rims(winter), hand/thumb warmers, RotopaX fuel packs, 4x8 trailer w/LED tail & maker lights, custom made lock & ride fimco boom sprayer, lock & ride tall windshield. got my auto reverse lights made and installed.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I pick up the mounting plate today. Can't find anyway that it wil fit without drilling all holes.

I would prefer to acquire the proper mounting plate.

Does anyone know who manufactured the plow for Polaris back in 2002.

thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Call your local Polaris dealer and get the part number for the correct mounting plate. They should be able to order it for you and have it drop shipped to your front door. Might be cheaper on fuel that way and save you some time too.

Polaris Online site does not list a mount for a 2002 closest thing is for 2003-2007 Glacier I Mount 2874773 I would suspect this will also fit your 2002 Model but I would confirm that first with your dealer.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

The 02 and 03 are the same mount. The twin and single cylinder mounts are different, twins are a bit larger. Mounts are fairly cheap, $90 or so. Check ebay to see if you can find one.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i have a 2001 sportsmen 400 Polaris and i just bought a plow from a guy that has a 2002 Polaris will the plows mounting plate fit and if it dose where can i find instructions on it I cant find anything
Old 01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2002, 2874773, 700, fit, glacier, homemade, mount, mounting, plate, plow, plows, polaris, quick, snow, sportsman