Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What I would like to see in a Polaris sport quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I would like to see in a Polaris sport quad

I have owned a predator since 2004 and I have spent plenty on building the engine to perform and it does.

One of the things that continues to bother me about Polaris sport quads is that ignore some very obvious details that have been on the sport quads since they came out and it is still a problem.

I would like to see an aggressive attitude toward the sport but I guess you either have it or you don't. Here it is make room for a much larger better breathing air filter. If it is to expensive to include the filter thats fine but make some provision be it frame or shock to allow room for a better filter, Please.

The other thing that is obvious to me is there is only one true big bore sport quad available. The DS650 is no more, the Honda 700 is more of the bread of the KFX 700 and does not compete with the Raptor.
Why not enter this market ?
The KTM 690 would make a perfect engine but maybe I should have posted this in the KTM section. Anyway this is not to argue with anyone about their quad but to make a point that maybe polaris will see someday !

Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JM646
I have owned a predator since 2004 and I have spent plenty on building the engine to perform and it does.

One of the things that continues to bother me about Polaris sport quads is that ignore some very obvious details that have been on the sport quads since they came out and it is still a problem.

I would like to see an aggressive attitude toward the sport but I guess you either have it or you don't. Here it is make room for a much larger better breathing air filter. If it is to expensive to include the filter thats fine but make some provision be it frame or shock to allow room for a better filter, Please.

The other thing that is obvious to me is there is only one true big bore sport quad available. The DS650 is no more, the Honda 700 is more of the bread of the KFX 700 and does not compete with the Raptor.
Why not enter this market ?
The KTM 690 would make a perfect engine but maybe I should have posted this in the KTM section. Anyway this is not to argue with anyone about their quad but to make a point that maybe polaris will see someday !
I would think the Outlaw 525 models would satisfy the need for a big bore.....they are certainly as fast if not faster than anything out there.....

Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on what your doing with it but the 525 is actually 510 cc and 700 is a 686 but the big bores have much longer stroke than any 450 - 500 will ever be able to achieve. The 700 raptor can make 800cc + easily. it's not the same. they make more torque than most make HP,