Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Angry Sportsman 90 rear barke disassembly

The part that holds the rear axle to the frame broke in several places ( kids! ). I took it off and welded it up, painted it and now ready to put it back together. Felt pretty good with myself.
Now I realize I can't get it back on because of the bolts on the flange next to the rear brake. I've seen an exploaded view of the brake but still can't figure out how to take it appart.
Please help!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
The part that holds the rear axle to the frame broke in several places ( kids! ). I took it off and welded it up, painted it and now ready to put it back together. Felt pretty good with myself.
Now I realize I can't get it back on because of the bolts on the flange next to the rear brake. I've seen an exploaded view of the brake but still can't figure out how to take it appart.
Please help!
Remove left rear wheel and hub,axle tube should slide off, then depending on how much dirt and grit is in the brakes,the drum should be able to be tapped off after all tension is released from brake cable.The bolts you are referring to are on the drum backing plate. After drum is off you can see what neeeds to be done. Good luck OPT
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

ya, i cleaned the rear drum brake of my 90 once and old polaris tech pretty much told u everything u need to know
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2006, 2008, 90, 90cc, axle, brake, brakes, drum, polaris, rear, removal, remove, replacement, sportman, sportsman