Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Oil injection bypass

I want to bypass my oil injection what do I mix my xplorer 300 at ? I also gave her alittle body mod...I put new pro taper bars on and removed the dummy lights, after doing so my headlights brake lights and fan didn't work. I wired the fan direct on a toggle, Why would those dummy lights effect everything? do they have to be there to complete the circuits? I went riding yesterday and she started running rough, She finally quit thats when I realized the fan wasn't working. I let cool and got her home, wired the fan, went for another ride...quit again, seemed to be a fuel issue dirt in tank wasn't getting fuel so I put it reserve got her home...cleaned the tank put fresh gas in went around the block and she quit again half way can't get her started???????????? what now???
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by skram View Post
I want to bypass my oil injection what do I mix my xplorer 300 at ? I also gave her alittle body mod...I put new pro taper bars on and removed the dummy lights, after doing so my headlights brake lights and fan didn't work. I wired the fan direct on a toggle, Why would those dummy lights effect everything? do they have to be there to complete the circuits? I went riding yesterday and she started running rough, She finally quit thats when I realized the fan wasn't working. I let cool and got her home, wired the fan, went for another ride...quit again, seemed to be a fuel issue dirt in tank wasn't getting fuel so I put it reserve got her home...cleaned the tank put fresh gas in went around the block and she quit again half way can't get her started???????????? what now???
Check compression,if ok(around 100 psi minimum) then check carb for trash in the jets.If runs and quits could be loosing compression when hot,may be time for a little piston /cylinder work????
Dont know how you wired things up,but sounds like a ground problem OR you are triggering the thermal fuse. Oil line goes directly into carb on left side,if has oil in line I would leave alone as pumps are pretty dependable,BUT if you have to disconnect make sure the carb inlet is blocked off.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

incpecting the oil pumps ever so often insures you wont have a failure Ive had 2 2 strokes and never had a engine burn up but i did have one pump go to crap but stuck open I was wondering why it smoked so bad and i was going through so much oil. now I check it once a year and make sure the spring looks good and its staying clean inside. I hate premixing
05 Polaris Scrambler
2004 3500 Ram crew Cummins.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
300, 400, atv, bypass, bypassing, carbs, check, disconnected, gas, injection, leave, mix, oil, polaris, pump, work