Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is this part?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this part?

Having problems with my 2006 Sportsman 450 (electric start doesn't work and RPMs report incorrectly.) Started taking things apart to see if I could find something strange and I found this hose just sitting on top of the motor not connected to anything. Does anyone know where it goes or what it does?

Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like one on the vent hoses from the carb and its a one way check valve on the bottom. did you have the emc replaced on your bike yet?? chances are its a bad one since it controls alot of differnt areas of the bike. have a dealer run your vin for the recall if you havent yet.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer

I did have the recall done (so I was told.) I'm still trying to figure out the started and I had another post on that.

So one end of this hose connects to the corroborator and the other? Is this a critical piece of the puzzle?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with Stendori. It's definetly a vent hose with a one way check valve. I would look for a shiny tube coming out of your carb. and see if it fits.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HuntRanchRider

I did have the recall done (so I was told.) I'm still trying to figure out the started and I had another post on that.

So one end of this hose connects to the corroborator and the other? Is this a critical piece of the puzzle?</end quote></div>

the check valve end most likely doesnt hook into in anything. thats why its one check valve so nothing can get into it.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

I blew in the hose and air flows from the hose side to the valve but not from the valve to the hose. So just to be clear I attach the hose end to the carb?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yep thats where i would say that hose goes and you have the air flow backward in the picture as the hose hooks on and the valve free hangs down.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

That's what I thought you were saying but if I blow in it the air only flows that way.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

take ur front storage box off the four wheeler, and right by the steering post is where ur ecm mounts, i would make sure it is the silver colored ecm and not the black one and then check and make sure that they put the ground wire eyelets through the screw on the ecm

Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

HuntRanchRider - your write up doesn't match your air flow arrow on the picture. You say that air flows from the hose side to the valve but not from the valve to the hose - yet the picture show airflow from the valve to the hose?????

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HuntRanchRider

I blew in the hose and air flows from the hose side to the valve but not from the valve to the hose. So just to be clear I attach the hose end to the carb?

</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: What is this part?