Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Gotta Love Polaris AWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta Love Polaris AWD

every time i ride with someone with a sportsman they break down. and noticed how polaris didnt compare the sportsman to the new 800R. i wonder why?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:22 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smokin bud Flingin mud

every time i ride with someone with a sportsman they break down. and noticed how polaris didnt compare the sportsman to the new 800R. i wonder why?</end quote></div>

Because they didn't want to embarrass Can-Am. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqb6U1-msZE

Then again there was this comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D9H-LwImYI

Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

every time i ride with someone with a sportsman they break down. and noticed how polaris didnt compare the sportsman to the new 800R. i wonder why?</end quote></div>

How long has it been since you have ridden with someone riding a Polaris? Your other post said you haven't had an ATV in a few years....
I think you just bought a CanAm and now you feel you must put down the better XP to convince yourself you bought the right machine...
Maybe you smoked too much bud? lol
Enjoy your CanAm.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Pedge1

I had my first occasion to really test the AWD system on my 500 HO this evening. I had to pull my daughter's bofriends S-10 up the hill in front of our house - The street is a solid sheet of ice. I was able to pull him with just a little initial wheel slip. I was amazed at the control I had in L 4wd. It is a truly amazing system, the only other 4X4 expierence that I had was with a Honda Foreman. It is a night and day difference.</end quote></div>

Always remember honda's are three wheelers.</end quote></div>

True - This is my first AWD ATV - I bought an Express 400 L new in 1997 and didn't really think I had a need for for AWD. I love having the AWD capibility even though I don't use it very much. I bought a plow to take advantage of this capability. I have a part time job as a Water Superintendent for a small town in Illinois - The Sportman is perfect for the dutys of this job and even though I rarely have need of AWD, it's nice to have it when you need it. I used my Express to pull a car hood sled in the snow on occasion, the new Sportsman should perform this task with a lot more control. I have driven a Foreman pulling the sleds and it didn't really have any more capability than my Express. A friends Artic Cat 400 also had issues with the sled because it was too hard to turn with the front diff locked. The Polaris system should be perfect for this use.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

If the po system is locked into 4wd its becauue the rear tires were slipping (loosing ground relative to the front tires) so any extra ground they would gain is lost to the slippage. When the rears gain traction back they begin to push the front which unlocks the sytem so it does'nt bind up. It works faster then most humans could operate a manual lock system.
Ken

Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

look i aint talkin outta my *** here. out of my riding experiences and doing research on machines polaris has had the poorest quality. yea i kno every machine has it problems blah blah blah but come on, when the last time an american company put of a good quality product thats been able to match the quality of japanese companies? not in a long time if ever. i kno can-am aint japanese so we dont need a 1000 post correcting me on that tho im sure someone will still correct me. i mean just look at the winch thread, polaris dogged warn for some garage brand. BRP still uses warn. i bet the XP is a awesome performing machine but are you really gonna try and convince that polaris is good quality all around. next our gonna tell me that the big 3 puts out better vehicles than toyota right?

Old 12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

look i aint talkin outta my *** here. out of my riding experiences and doing research on machines polaris has had the poorest quality. yea i kno every machine has it problems blah blah blah but come on, when the last time an american company put of a good quality product thats been able to match the quality of japanese companies? not in a long time if ever. i kno can-am aint japanese so we dont need a 1000 post correcting me on that tho im sure someone will still correct me. i mean just look at the winch thread, polaris dogged warn for some garage brand. BRP still uses warn. i bet the XP is a awesome performing machine but are you really gonna try and convince that polaris is good quality all around. next our gonna tell me that the big 3 puts out better vehicles than toyota right?</end quote></div>

I was just messing with you,lol
But really, why come to a Polaris forum and tell us they have poor quality? We have made our buying decesion and you have made yours,go sing CanAms or whoevers praises in their respective forum. No one asked if any of the other are better and your post contained no constuctive useable information...what really was it's purpose?..start an argument? Well I guess I fell for it didn't I?

Why people feel the need to come into the another brands forum and tell people that brand is poor quality and nothing but trouble? Search my posts,you will not find one in anohter brands section...do I look,sure But I don't own another brand,and while I have ridden other brands I'll leave it to the guys that own them to answer questions about them. I'm not going to go posting "I ride with a guy who owns a CanAm and it is a cheaply made,overpriced piece of garbage.."
Hey if a guy asks,then by all means,otherwise keep it to yourself. Or at least explain why you are saying it!

I know, I know, I don't own the forum,free country ect ect....

Old 12-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

look i aint talkin outta my *** here. out of my riding experiences and doing research on machines polaris has had the poorest quality. yea i kno every machine has it problems blah blah blah but come on, when the last time an american company put of a good quality product thats been able to match the quality of japanese companies? not in a long time if ever. i kno can-am aint japanese so we dont need a 1000 post correcting me on that tho im sure someone will still correct me. i mean just look at the winch thread, polaris dogged warn for some garage brand. BRP still uses warn. i bet the XP is a awesome performing machine but are you really gonna try and convince that polaris is good quality all around. next our gonna tell me that the big 3 puts out better vehicles than toyota right?</end quote></div>

My polaris is almost 14 years old and still on the original piston If you got a problem with polaris keep it to yourself and go talk to your new friends in the can am section!!!GRRRRR!!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

HIGHOCTANE you will soon come to relize that most of the newbys on this forum are here for there machine only not the sport.

We all love what we ride but we dont need to preach about it because in the end we are all here and there and that is for fun!

A good way to look at this is there is allways going to be something bigger and better than what you own so enjoy what you have and just ride!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

This guy is the classic forum troll - I ignore stupid.

Quick Reply: Gotta Love Polaris AWD