Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh
Default CARB PROBLEM - 1994 POLARIS 300 4X4 2 STROKE

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: blaster24

he did say it was a 2-stroke doesnt all 2-strokes have reeds? i know my uncle has a 1998 scrambler 400 4x4 and it does have reeds! so there not the only polaris with reeds! get your facts straight!</end quote></div>

A 400 Scramble IS a 400L and so is a 03 400 TRAILBLAZER
One thing I do know is Polaris 2strokers.All the others UNLESS they have been modded have no reeds.
2001 400 Sportsman traded for a CJ5 Jeep
2004 Victory TC Cruiser
1972 FLH Harley (my pride and joy of 20+yrs)
Old 07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

wow sorry ftwflh i thought all 2-strokers had reeds! how do these things get there fuel? i did see the 250 trailblazers also have reeds. not trying to jack your thread mmck jusy very courious now! hey again sorry ftwflh i apolagize to you.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Just to help further clear this up, I own a 94-95 300 4x4 and have had it torn down to nearly nothing. It has no reeds. My Dad has an 01 250 trailblazer. I have no idea about the older or newer tblazers but his has no reeds also.

And, the only time that I've had fuel in my exhaust pipe is when I left the fuel turned on. Evidently the needle valve in my carb is leaking because my entire engine was flooded and it took a while to get it started. I had to turn off the fuel and crank for a WHILE,,, in short spurts to avoid killing the starter. Then I pulled the spark plug and cranked some more. Put in a fresh plug and it fired after a few more cranks. Smoked like a diesel freight train for a while then ran normally. Needless to say, I now have a new needle and seat in the carb and I still shut off the fuel before parking it.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Just a quick update. I ordered a new carb boot (adapter that goes from carb to jug) and a new set of rings. Does anyone know if I can pull the jug without pulling the engine off the frame? Didn't have any fuel in the pipe....
Old 07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Garage is empty, add now

Rings could be just bandaid repair. Pull cylinder (can be pulled in frame) check for seized/worn piston and rings. If piston not damaged,check piston to cylinder clearance with rings off,piston in cylinder, at bottom of piston skirt with feeler guage. If .004-.005 or over, then rebore necessary.
Whats right is whats left after you do everything else wrong (Robin Williams)
Don't pick a fight with an old man,if he can't fight he'll just shoot ya!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Old Polaris Tech:
Thanks for the imput. I'll do that..
Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Update on this problem... Just want to say Thanks to Old Polaris Tech. I took your advice and ordered new piston and rings. When I pulled the jug I was surprised to see the intake side of the piston nearly gone. It must of been coming apart piece by piece for a while. Nothing found in crankcase. Nothing in exhaust either unless it blew it all the way to the muffler. Anyhow, I checked the cylinder wall and just a couple minor repeat minor scratches. I honed the cylinder and put it back together .... It runs like a champ now... Also, I checked the compression after putting it back together. Still below 100 PSI. But it ran me up and down the road at about 40 mph. (didn't go far - you know how the cops are)
Old 08-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1994, 300, 300300, 4x4, 94, 95, boot, carb, carburetor, fix, flooded, polairs, polaris, problems, stroke