Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ready to start riding....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to start riding....

This is a link to a guy selling a TB not to far from my house I was just wondering if the deal sounds to good to be true and it's really a screwed up atv...What do you think?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/712536712.html

oh and by the way do you that the person I buy the ATV from will let us use the trailer to get the atv home if we return it the same day? Would you do that if you were the one selling the atv???

Im not buying till june of 2009 but atleast I can get a decent ATV....

Old 07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

I paid about $1,100 for my trailer but it'll haul two quads and is built very well. I also use it for hauling other things so it was a good investment! I also just installed two "E-Tracks" ,it is an adjustable tie down system for about 100 bucks...worth every penny!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the trailer I wouldnt let anyone take it including friends thats how my last one got screwed up, but I would deliver it for someone if it wasnt too far so you never know maybe they'll help you out.

The ad is prob. on the up and up the only thing is with it already being rebuilt and bored out I would be cautious. Too many times people have this done and then its a ticking time bomb. If everything is done right you wouldnt have anything to worry about but if they cheaped along the way you'll prob. have more money into it then just waiting and trying to find a good bone stock one.

I know it's hard to do, but don't rush into one. I fight myself everytime I decide I can get a new one I wanna run down right then and buy it.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

ive been looking through alot of adds to try to find the average price of a 2000-2004 trailblazer and alot of them say "Very little riding time under 50 hrs"

Would you consider 50 hours to be alot or not much at all. I mean for all I know the average ATV could have 300 hrs run time on it.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Range Rover

Hey guys, just wanted to add onto my post from before. Along with that trailer I bought, I also put what is called the Trailer Dog on it. Check it out at this link: http://www.laguarddog.com/ Click on the trailer dog on the left hand side of that page. It is absolutely awesome. Only takes me like two minutes to load up.. NO Straps!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

TOO MUCH $$$

Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Range Rover

It is a bit spendy, but I love it!!!

Old 07-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: NewbieATVrider101

This is a link to a guy selling a TB not to far from my house I was just wondering if the deal sounds to good to be true and it's really a screwed up atv...What do you think?

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/712536712.html
">http://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/712536712.html
</a>

oh and by the way do you that the person I buy the ATV from will let us use the trailer to get the atv home if we return it the same day? Would you do that if you were the one selling the atv???

Im not buying till june of 2009 but atleast I can get a decent ATV....</end quote></div>
Wow, $700 to oversize piston and cylinder on an air cooled motor? Motor completely rebuilt and he's selling after riding it for 5 minutes after rebuild?
That is one fugly looking pipe. Never heard of it.
I sold my mint '01 TBs for $1600. that was a few years ago.
Do you want my nice 2000 Scrambler 400 4X2 for $2000. It has a polished HPD pipe, clutch kit, K&N, aluminum wheels, new battery. If you saw my stuff and how **** I am, you wouldn't be disappointed.
Rowe is right. The 250 is a great all around atv. We ride alot of sand dunes and high elevations and that's where you may have some difficulty. And if you ever get stuck, I hope you're a big boy. Polaris are heavy.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fifty hours isnt much at all thats how long the manual says to go between oil changes. I've had mine since last Oct. and have just under 100 hrs. The Trailblazers don't have an hour meter so don't go by that. Without my display there is no way in the world I could ever accurately guesstimate how many miles or hours I have on it, so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okay well thanks alot guys I just have two more things to ask of you....

1. Proably the most important do you guys know of any sights that give mechanical tips on how to do weekly or monthly maitnence on your atv? I think I should be able to do at least the basics so I can try to extend the life of my first quad. I think It would also be important for me to learn how to replace and air filter perform and oil change...Actually I did an oil change on my lawn mower once...but my dad sort of helped me lol. either way I figure I have almost a whole year to wait before I can get the ATV so ill fill that time waitng with three things school, Wrestling and Learning to repair the atv.

2. Theres this really large field behind my neighborhood that ive riden my bike to several times. theres a short trail maybe 200 feet long through these woods that leads to it. I know that no one in my neighbor hood would yell at me for going down this trail but im kind of worried now about the big field. I dont know who owns it but it was originally the main place I was going to ride my atv until I could afford a trailer to pull the atv around on. Where could I find laws and regulations on atvs in the state of florida.