Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Poor Charlie!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Charlie!

Just to add to the thread, here is something I found off of YOUTUBE. I feel really bad for ole poor CHARLIE and I think his was a dual/tri-fold too. Whats even worse is all the posters who slam this poor guy in his own mistake, hope he is okay! What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...J-FHQo&feature=related

Old 05-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Poor Charlie!

YA thats too bad that he got hurt. As far as did he make a mistake? Well...........it depends on how you look at it. When I brought my brand new machine home 5 months ago I did the same thing, I was lucky though and landed on my feet and was able to hold the quad upright resting on its rear. But that was my fault for being inexperienced seeing that it was my first time. It states on the caption on the video that he has done this MANY times. Why the ramps weren't tied off is any ones guess. My fault was that I had the straps weaved through the wrong way. HE got hurt from his own carlessness.
People being rude about it is another story. But if that were me, and my friends called me a dumbass, I would have to agree with them.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poor Charlie!

Dude, I hate to see that. I hope he is OK. That is exactly why I hate loading a quad in the back of a truck. When I have to do it, I try to find a low spot or a ditch and the put the ramps on. But that type of accident can kill or paralize someone. I do wonder if he had the chains hooked onto the truck so the ramps wouldn't move?? Knowing our luck, some anti-atv person is using this video to say that atv's are too dangerous. Hope not!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Poor Charlie!

Yeah I to feel bad for charlie. And this actually happened to me last week.Well the bike didn't fall over on me.But I was trying to load a 800 on the back of the truck with a rear tire that was flat.Bad bad idea,no damage to the bike it fell back on the back tires.But it was scary.Should of just hooked up the trailer and went to get the bike in the first place.Yeah live and you learn.I sure hope ole charlie is ok.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Poor Charlie!

I've had the same thing happen, 98 kodiak landed on me...Lucky my dad was right next to the truck, as it went over he pushed the machine to the side so I didn't take the full weight of the machine on me. I had the chains hooked to the gate, the left one popped loose...The next morning I went and bought a trailer!

I've also watched it happen to a guy, broken ribs and collar bone. He took the full machine on him, from my angle thought it crushed his head...lucky.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Range Rover
Default Poor Charlie!

WOW glad I always had a POS trailer to use, never had the displeasure of using ramps BUT a lot should be said about having a HELMET ON! I have seen guys hit their head on a enclosed trailer not paying attention because they were "just loading or unloading" the quad. IF YOU ARE ON AN ATV YOU SHOULD AT MINIMUM HAVE YOUR HELMET ON! NO EXCEPTIONS WE ARE GIVING LAW MAKERS AMMUNITION TO SHOOT US WITH

Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Poor Charlie!

I saw this on the video page the day I joined. I really felt sorry for him and anyone else who has done that. But if he keeps doing the same thing, I don't feel sorry for him anymore. I've heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If this keeps happening to him then he should know what to expect.

Sympathy the first time, but not the tenth time. - Frank

Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Poor Charlie!

yeah i seen what happened,his rear tires kicked the forks out,could'nt you put a ratshit strap from the ramp to the tailgate,except from maybe moving alittle side to side,it would not be able to kick out......

Old 05-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default Poor Charlie!

I've had that happen too. It's a horrifying feeling. You don't know whether to sh*t or go blind.

That is why you always use ratchet straps to securely anchor that ramps to the tailgate. Always. Yeah it's a pain but not as much as dumping a 600 or 700+ pound ATV on you. That's a good way to snap your spinal cord. Then you'll be figuring how out to strap down your wheelchair - forever.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Poor Charlie!

I avoid this problem all together by running a ratcheting tie down from the ramp to the bumper. Once you cinch it down its not going anywhere.

Quick Reply: Poor Charlie!