Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

crank bearings

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank bearings

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: eggenz7

yes i did hit both ends with a mallet. when i loosen the crankcase bolts the crank turns like it should. if i tighten them up the crank is hard to turn. ive taken it apart and taken one out of two shims off the crank same exact scenario. have i maybe messed something up somewhere along my way? im kinda worried cuz this would make it 2 and 0, motors have it.</end quote></div>

Did you get the bearings on the crank correctly. It shows three bearings with two part numbers so 1 is different. It has an angle cut on the inner race, the others are square. If you got this in the wrong spot, it will be tight when you reassemble it.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

the bearing kit is an "All ***** Racing Products" kit. on the label it says "Crank Shaft Brg kit polairs trailblazer 250 99-05, trailboss 250 99, xplorer 250 00-02" all the bearings have the same number of 6206. All bearings went all the way against the crankshaft balance weight. no serious problems installing bearings. checked the one that was in question and didnt find any problem with it nor with the two on the clutch side. this has me completely baffeled .

Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

Ive never used those bearings so i don't have any experience with them. You had better measure the old ones and the new ones and see if they are different. If not, they must not have been seated all the way. Measure them and let us know what you find out ok.

Oh yeah, look at the old ones and see if the angle cut is on one of them. It's on the inside diameter of the bearing.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

dont have a caliper to measure the bearings but i looked at the numbers on the old bearings all of them say 6206 and i didnt not notice any kind of angled race on any of the old bearings

Old 10-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

This may be a dumb question and don't get offended. You put the shims on the clutch side right?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

sure did. right between the bearings and the crank

Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

Your going to have to measure the old ones and the new ones and see if they are different. That's all it can be if everything seated where it should be. I'm gonna send you a pm.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default crank bearings

so after some looking around some more, i found the angle on the inner race that 94harley was talkin about. after pulling all the bearings back off the crankshaft there is not a single bearing that has that angle cut. i havent gotten ahold of "all ***** racing products" company yet to see what they are willing to do about this. seems kinda odd that the only oddball bearing that should be in the kit is not. so now that the bearings have been pulled off the are all gonna have to be replaced...but if allballs will send me the machined bearing, i now have the bearing number so i can just goto a bearing shop and get the other two for about 8 bucks...so it shouldnt turn out to bad

Old 04-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know this is a really old post, but what should the orientation be for this cutout bearing?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Just face the beveled edge of the bearing toward the other bearing. Main purpose(which I don't think really think made that much difference) was so that it was to make sure oil was able to go through the oil hole in the case without having a flat faced bearing partially blocking the hole, plus lube the bearings better. Really doesn't matter if it's located on the inside or outside of the case. Same bearing as the other one except beveled on one side.Aftermarket kits don't even have this beveled bearing.

Quick Reply: crank bearings