Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Four Wheelers Anonymous

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Four Wheelers Anonymous

Sjbr549 gave me an idea for a thread. Being my normal obnoxious self, I decided to run with it.

Four Wheelers Anonymous questionnaire:

1) Do you feel like you need to ride every day?
2) When you ride do you keep saying, "one more trail and I'll stop for the day."?
3) Do you ride alone when you can't get anyone to ride with you?
4) Do others say you should enter Fourwheelers Anonymous?
5) Are you often heard saying, "I can quit riding my quad any time I want"?
6) Does thinking about riding detract from your work habits?
7) When at a social event do I have to talk about riding my quad?
8) Are there more pictures of your quad in your wallet than your wife and kids?
9) Do you purposely go through potholes in your daily ride because, "It's more of a challenge."?
10a) Do the friends you hang out with refer to you by your forum "nickname"?
10b) Do the friends you hang out with know what you ride but can't remember your real name?
10c) Have you forgotten your non-riding children's names?
11) When you are out driving with your wife/girlfriend do you stop when you see an area that would be great for riding instead of the restaurant you promised to take her out to?
12) Do you watch the weather only to find out if the mud is going to be soupy or sticky?
13) Is hunting the excuse you use to take a long ride or are you really hunting?
14) Are you able to diagnose the slightest rattle on a quad, but unable to cook spaghetti?
15) Do you believe that more cc's will solve all of life's problems?
16) Does your wife glare at you in the morning, asking what you were dreaming about and, "who is Polaris"?
17) You won't buy a car because it doesn't have enough "ground clearance". (Sorry about that one Stendori)
18a)When you tell stories about riding does the mudhole get 6 inches deeper each time?
18b) When you tell stories about riding does the rock you climbed over get 6 inches taller each time?
18c) When you tell stories about riding does the jump you made get 6 feet longer each time?
18d) When you tell stories about riding does your drag race "win" get 6 seconds faster?
19) Have you spent more time typing in the atvconnection.com forum than with your wife and kids?????

Sjbr's questions:
20a) Do you have an atv magazine in the bathroom?
20b) Do you have an atv magazine on the nightstand?
21) While loading quads on trailer to go home, you say, "I can't wait to go riding again."
22)Your Christmas list items end with ....for my quad.
23) You revive old threads on your favorite ATV forum, just to get it going again.

Add on questions:
23b) You realize that you haven't renewed your thread because you have to reply to a message to get a new posting.
24) You know you're a quadaholic when you dip deep into a waterhole and fill you shoe up with 33 degree water and are still having a great time.
25) You looked forward to cold weather to go play on the ice covered beaver pond and are disappointed because the cold weather brought too much snow to ride in...
26)Your wife makes you take your clothes off before you can come in the house because mud season has begun
27) You are on a mini-vacation riding a snowmobile and all you can think about is how to goose the kind of speed they get out of sleds into your PoPo and how much more comfortable a ride your PoPo is over a sled.
28) You like it when that certain teenage kid comes on rides with you to see the variety of non-lethal crashes he can perform.
29) You have to have your atv parked outside the window of where you work.
30) You sit at your desk with a copy of your favorite ATV magazine, posting on ATV forums, with a computer with a quad background.
31) Your wife says, "Honey, we have kids you can talk about too, not just 4wheeling..."

Answer any of these with a yes and you could be a Four Wheeler Aholic. Oh well, there are worse ways to spend your time! Enjoy!

Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have an ATV mag, on the night stand...so I guess I'm okay.lol

Yes to all of the others. Actually I should be working right now, but I'm here.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

THE CURE:

Get a job at a shop working on the SOB's . With in 3 months you will see vast signs of improvement . After 23 years my symptoms have comepletely subsided and I don't worry about a relapse .

Rick

Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, kind of like being a carpenter and telling people that your own house is the worst example of your skills because you don't want to do carpentry when you get home from work. And still, there I was a couple of Sundays ago making new ATV/Skimobile trail bridges.... OY

Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yea its just like myself in not wanting to go anywhere as im driving everywhere all week and my wifes the oppisit that she works in a office all day and doesnt like to do nothing like myself lol. i do have a couple of those systoms that you mentioned but lifes too short now to worry about them lol.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

come on rick you gotto love 'em to fix 'em. besides everyone on here is an addict to a degree otherwise we wouldn't be on here looking for an edge ,what works best,etc.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a ATV connection Forum anonymous???.......Caper.........I can't "STOP".........HELP!!!....................Caper... ........

Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

hello...my names embler....and I'm addicted.... lol. my wife just got done fussing at me about my atv magazines laying around. I keep my sp at the shop where I work and I find myself messing with it everyday. I've even made a couple of trails back behind it which I ride at least every other day. I sometimes use my lunch break to just take a ride down the road or wash mine off because I missed a spot before. I have problems

Old 10-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach

Hi my name is Tom and I am an ATV addict.
Another sign you may be an ATV addict: As you drive down the road you look at every open feild or dry river bottom as a potential place to ride.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too find myself ,while driving down the highway, looking at trailers and in the back of trucks that are haulin' quads just to see the make/model...............My daughter now tells me also...........Daddy there is a Sportsman in that truck!!!..............It's blue like yours!!!!!!............She is 8 years old!!..........Yes there is a problem .........I am glad I can turn here for help!!!..............Caper................

Quick Reply: Four Wheelers Anonymous