Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STUPID!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUPID!

Ok so i bought some new tires for my 00 trailblazer and they came in today but were squished very flat and taped down so i cut off the packing tape and shoved some blocks of wood in there to bring them back to shape. I'm an apprentice at a toyota dealership and i let them sit in the back room with the heater and then took them and mounted them on the rim but cannot get air in them to seat the bead it still blows out past...so i tried a ratchet strap and put it around the centre of the tire and still nothing..then one of the mechanics fought with it for awhile as well until he grabbed a can of either and we went out in the parking lot...well believe it or not the ether trick didnt work! i am all outta ideas...why are shipping companies so retarded and dont think about ppl when they ship these tires? i thought doing a set of runflats on a sienna was a pain in the ***...this is HORRIBLE! anybody else have any ideas?
p.s. i'm trying the ether trick again tomorrow wish me luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Range Rover
Default STUPID!

I am not quite sure what you mean but here is what i think you are saying and correct me if i am wrong. You ordered tires that were flattened for shipping with tape. Then you took wood blocks to reshape the tire abit. Now the beads will no seat because the tires are flat. If this is right then you should be able to use a air blaster that they use on semi- tires to get the bead to seat. Also, use alot of tire grease.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default STUPID!

I don't really want to say this........a..........but........a...........use more ether.
PS. I can tell you type a lot. Want to know how I know this? Your fingers want to type the "i" in ether. Mine too!!!!
Seriously though; I've mounted tires that have the beads touching in the center.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default STUPID!

Send the tires back and have them re-ship?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default STUPID!

Be carefull playing w/ether..........I would try alot of grease with the ratchet strap method ........If that doesnt work take it to a tire shop .......theyll put it on for you and it wont cost you anymore blood sweat or tears.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STUPID!

You would have still had trouble mounting them even if they were shipped normal.......They are just a pain in the a$$........everybody on here will tell you ATV tires are very hard to mount!!!!! ...Caper.........

Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Range Rover
Default STUPID!

Assuming the tire is mounted on the rim.
Suspend the rim off the ground on a block of wood so it does not tip side to side and the tire does not touch.
Seal or firmly seat the lower bead in place by rotating the tire and pressing it down into the seat. Take (3) 2x4x8 inch long, place them evenly spaced around the tire long side up.
Wrap the tire strap around them centering it to the tire.
This should give it more area to press on the rubber.
Squeeze the tire strap and other bead should spring up to the other side of the rim.
Remove the valve stem valve and lock the air nozzle on it and let it pump air in the mean time message the tire where the air is escaping, sometimes placing the tire upright and pressing down slightly opposite the leak and see if this technique will help.

Kissing beads on a stiff tire is worse than a cold woman.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default STUPID!

SEE...................I told you it was a pain in the A$$...............Caper.................

Old 03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default STUPID!

ive mounted several tires on wheels and they all really suck. the flattened bias 6 plys are the worse. either is the way the big truck tires used to get mounted but stopped because of explosion danger. make sure the tires are as warm as can be and ive used silcone to help mount them. ive used straps and had to go to a dealer to mount one b4. basicaly there isnt any great way to do it. sorry.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Range Rover
Default STUPID!

Yep they are a pain sometimes I would place the wheel and mounted tire back on the machine and let part of the machines weight push the bead plus using a strap.
warming the tire is also a pluss. Almost feel like turning them inside out and let them sit for a week in boiling water.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STUPID!