Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hawkeye Modifications for more power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye Modifications for more power?

Nice post Army. I'll be buying the Dialajet for both mine soon, so I can make easy adjustments throughout the winter.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

Hey would you guys with hawkeye k&n filters happen to have the K&N number cant find one here in canada. Also has anybody done a compression check on there hawkeyes??

Erik trailblazzers@shaw.ca

Old 10-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

The Little Hawkeye works great, If thats what your Looking for! As for the Jetting Yes it was a problem but the dealerships will take care of it ,,all Polaris Bikes come from the Factory running to Rich (to Much fuel not enuff Air)
Granted it is on the small side of the More Expensive rides out there, But Compared to a 300 Honda fourtrax its about the same but taller,,It will outclimb my old Honda and will out ride it anyday,,but it still has its problems with stiff suspension,Remove the sway bar and its fine, I I got mine up to 50 Mph on a 102 degree day it took 3 tenths of a Mile but it got there..In Loose river sand it runs around 37 to 40, the 4wd works great, Had to give it a Little more air to the airbox and Drop the Needle groove down. Overall it gets a 7 .

Old 10-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Range Rover

I was talking to my dealer the other day about how the Hawkeye was selling, since I bought mine, and we got to talking about upgrades. He was telling me that the Polaris techs "claim" to have them running up hill at 62mpg now. But they are not realeasing how they did it yet. He thinks they are going to come out with some upgrades, but he does not know how they got the increase either. Maybe in a few months they might tell him how they did it, well see.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

do you mean 62 Miles per hour or 62mpg fuel Mileage ?

Old 10-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

sledboy, just because u dont know how to tune your machine dont blame polaris, their a great company, i dont even have any and i have never lost to a polaris but they are strong mothas!!! id definitely consider a haweye if i wanted a small utey like atv~

Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

paintballbanshee:

I won't take offense to your post even though you were personally attacking me. But just for the record, yes, I have tried to tune it. So has the dealership where I bought it as well as another more reputable dealer. None of them have been able to get it to run correctly at elevations above 8500. The service bulletin from Polaris (that I have on my desk as I write this) does not work either. And no, I don't think it is just my machine. I have two of them and they act exactly the same!

So if two dealerships can't get it to run and Polaris's own service bulletin is incorrect, should I still blame myself?

FYI - Polaris's bulletin states that I should jet down to "135 or Six 1/2" holes" in the airbox top. I am now jetted down to 132.5 and have avoided drilling the holes because this is an alteration that you can not easily "undo". However, the problem we are experiencing is that at a certain elevation (8500 or higher), it will not rev higher than idle. The slide in the carborator works off of vaccuum. The latest suggestion from the dealer is to drill some of the holes in the airbox top because it was not designed for elevations this high. It does not allow enough air flow to create the vacuum needed to lift the slide; hence, it can not rev. I am hoping this actually works.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

Do not just drill holes (which can let water in), use a TPI valve. Go ahead and try a Dial-A-Jet for tuning. Mine smoked a hopped up sport quad at 7,600 feet with plenty of power to still climb loose rocky terrain. Search for Thunder Products and check them out.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

YOU THINK THAT WAS PERSONALLY ATTACKING????? WOW

Old 10-04-2006, 02:50 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: James1701
I was talking to my dealer the other day about how the Hawkeye was selling, since I bought mine, and we got to talking about upgrades. He was telling me that the Polaris techs "claim" to have them running up hill at 62mpg now. But they are not realeasing how they did it yet. He thinks they are going to come out with some upgrades, but he does not know how they got the increase either. Maybe in a few months they might tell him how they did it, well see.

62 miles per hour. I dont know if I believe it, but my dealer says that is what Polaris is claiming. I guess we will wait and see.

Quick Reply: Hawkeye Modifications for more power?