Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 01-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Default 02 sportsman rear hub bearing

i was doing some work on my sportsman and noticed some wobble with the rear tires. I took the rear apart as far as i could go . I noticed there is a bearing and i have no ideal how to change the bearing. is there special tools and does the cv joint have to come out to ????
Old 01-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

What makes you think that the bearing is bad? Usually a wobble (as the wheel is turning), without the noise of a bad bearing, indicates that something is bent. Just a thought...
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I think wobble was the wrong word to use. when i had it on a lift is when i noticed the play (aka wobble) with the rear. its like the lug nuts are loose but they are not.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I replaced mine at about 3000 miles i had about a 1/2 inch of play in out at the top of the wheel. but even new bearings have a little play in them it definatly made the bike feel tighter on the road after i replaced them. as far as replacement the are like front brngs on a front drive car u must remove snap ring and press them out and then press them back in mine was extremely tight going back in. if ur not conf in replacing at least take the hubs off the bike and take them to a shop to just have brngs pressed that will save you some labor money
2000 kawasaki vulcan nomad 1500FI
1992 chevy K1500 4x4
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2004, 2005, 2006, 500, back, bearing, bearings, hub, hubs, loose, noise, polaris, rear, sportman, sportsman, wobble