ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (http://forums.atvconnection.com/)
-   Polaris (http://forums.atvconnection.com/polaris/)
-   -   scrambler 400 pipe (http://forums.atvconnection.com/polaris/218906-scrambler-400-pipe.html)

RealAce 10-10-2005 11:40 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

y does every one say stay away from the fmf and ive never heard of hpd

duneaholic 10-10-2005 11:46 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

FmF is popular with all the Japanese bikes. HPD specializes in Polaris quads. Just do a search on here for HPD and you'll turn up WAY more info than FmF.

scramblered 10-11-2005 10:08 AM

scrambler 400 pipe

i suggest you dynoport pipe or aaen or psi pipe,those are great stocker
revving happy tuned pipe and you don't need a clutch kit as well and it's kinda the most loud when it run at stock rpm tough,,,so let's go.

duneaholic 10-11-2005 10:28 AM

scrambler 400 pipe

Quote:

Originally posted by: scramblered
i suggest you dynoport pipe or aaen or psi pipe,those are great stocker
revving happy tuned pipe and you don't need a clutch kit as well and it's kinda the most loud when it run at stock rpm tough,,,so let's go.
Hmmm. I've never heard of a PSI pipe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Do you mean CPI Scramblered? I know my CPI works great with a Race Mod but not sure on a stock motor. I don't think that the HPD is THAT loud especially if you kept the stock silencer. Any aftermarket pipe is going to be louder than stock.

Hey RealAce. If you want to keep it quiet and keep the stock silencer than you don't have to buy the silencer and he will deduct that from the price of the kit and will probably be less than 300 bucks. It is really the best bang for you buck. Just let Rick know your riding style or conditions and he will set you up with what you need. He's also a HPD, Aaen and I believe a Hot Seat dealer so he can substitute one of those pipes for a nominal fee. Good luck with what you decide.

conig 10-11-2005 12:48 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

PSI is out there it looks real similiar to the dyno port but there is not much infoPSI performance, they do make snow mobile pipes as well. The dyno port is a good pipe and im thinking of getting it(of course I never know what I want). I have heard polaris green and 10-56 weights in the primary make it haul.

RealAce I researched for months wanting to get the fmf on looks and brand recognition alone, its also pretty cheap. In the end no one including FMF(I badgered the crap out of them) can;t tell you how to clutch it. If you buy the FMF put the bike on a dyno so every one else can compare it to other brands and help you set up clutching.

Stock clutching is not as good as you think and a clutch kit is not unmanagable by any means. Think a mustang with a shift kit the difference is that good.

Its hard to count on the bigger companys for support of there products, by going AAEN or RCR and even HPD, being smaller companys they will help you with any problems you have.

duneaholic 10-11-2005 01:26 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

Thanks for bringing that to my attention Matt. I never even heard of them. I wouldnt' buy there pipe just because I don't know anything about it. All the others are proven performers by numerous people here. The PSI pipes are way too expensive IMO.

conig 10-11-2005 01:47 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

I agree shaun they seem to know what they are doing but I saw a post way back in the archives that there service to there clients was not that great.

RealAce 10-11-2005 11:36 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

call me stupid but i havent heard of cpi psi or aaen. i live out in the middle of nowhere in minnesota so i dont hear a lot of things. my friends have a hmf for his rap a pure polaris on a pred.
i dont want to spend the money on getting new clutch weights for my fourwheeler. so im thinking of checking into a dynoport and a rcr. and a white bros air filter

RealAce 10-11-2005 11:40 PM

scrambler 400 pipe

and i have another question if i got a whitebros air filter with say a dynoport full exaust would i have to get new clutch springs or would just rejetting it b enough

duneaholic 10-12-2005 12:06 AM

scrambler 400 pipe

Run a "Search" on Scrambler 400 pipes and you'll find tons positive info. on HPD, Aaen, Hot Seat, RcR and Dynoport pipes. And a lot of negative info on FmF pipes.