Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Improved Sportsman headlight Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Improved Sportsman headlight Bulbs

A Polaris will eaisly pull two 55 watt bulbs and keep the battery well charged. It will not pull three 55 watt lights unless you are running at a very high RPM at all times.
Not totaly true. The Twin EFIs have a 420W stator and the Twin carbs have a 350W stator, they both have a little extra charging capacity at idle with the brake set - but not much. The 500efi (350W) and single carb (250W I think) charging systems are basically at break even while the bike is at idle and the brake is set. In either case, it would take a while to run the battery down to a noticeable level, but you would be discharging the battery none the less.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

The stock lower lights and bulbs are fine for the woods. I still use them.

I use two aftermarket 55 watt driving lights for my high beams. They really light up the night.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will concede. Maybe cornbread2 is right and you can get 27 watt bulbs from an autoparts store to replace the OEM bulbs for the low beam bulbs. I beg to differ considering most automotive bulbs are regulated at 55 Watts, but none the less cornbread2 has yet to tell us all, the type and manufacturer of those bulbs. Funny?? You state you have aftermarket lights and still run those wimpy OEM lights. Whats up?? I recognize the concerns that many Polaris owners have had in the deficiency of light in the stock low beam bulbs, and have found the exact 55 watt replacement bulb. And I agree with Sportsman EE that at idle you dont want to have these on long; it may tap your battery. But maybe Im different. I ride with my lights on in the dark when Im moving !!!!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 PM

So 'STSACER'.........Why don't you just tell people where to buy them instead of trying to milk people for a SLEAZY dollar bill?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Because I took the time, money, and gas to do what you didnt do>

Old 10-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Many of us here has spent money and time on mods to our quads. That does not prevent us from sharing what we know for FREE.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

cornbread2, its about u talkin about something you dont know. If you did you would give the info. I have it and Im tryin to break even for what I spent. So bad????

Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 AM

[i]Originally posted by: STSACER........."So bad????"
No......not really "bad"..........just SLEAZY.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Trailblazer

I have it and Im tryin to break even for what I spent. So bad????
And I am sure you have never benefited from somebody on here or on another forum have you? That is what these forums are all about, helping each other out. I tell you what give me your address I will send you $1.00 when I get the info I will post it for everyone.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: STSACER
cornbread2, its about u talkin about something you dont know. If you did you would give the info. I have it and Im tryin to break even for what I spent. So bad????

I have been doing this for years. I know plenty about lights on ATV's.

I also know I can get these bulbs from many different places without having to pay you for info.

As I said MANY times before but you just don't seem to get the point, these high power bulbs are avalible from most any place that sells ATV and motorcycle stuff and those sorces have already been posted by others on this thread.

We are not going to pay you for this info. Get over it and try to sell your BS somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Improved Sportsman headlight Bulbs