Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Polaris
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 09-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Trailblazer gearbox chain

I have a 2000 trailblazer that was feeling like a gear had begun to go bad in the gearbox, and opened it up to find a chain (like a cars cam chain) loose and with no appearent way to adjust it. It looks very heavy duty and must be stretched (hard to believe a trailblazer could do this as I have a hi-perf. 400 & 3 500 scramblers with no problem like this). Anyone out there go through this before? Thank you in advance.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

This is a common problem. Just replace the chain and fill the trans with good synthetic motor oil such as Castrol Syntec 5w50 and it will not give you any more trouble.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

It is a comon thing for the chain to need replacing.But I would stay with chaincase lube and not motor oil.
2001 400 Sportsman traded for a CJ5 Jeep
2004 Victory TC Cruiser
1972 FLH Harley (my pride and joy of 20+yrs)
Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

The chaincase lube is why it is worn out.

Use good synthetic motor oil.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

If the lube is the problem why have I only replaced 2 chains inthe last 10 yrs of riding Polaris?I still think the manufacturer knows what is best for their machines. And the 2 chains I replaced were first on a 425 Magnum 4x4 that was mudded and abused and the other one was on a 250 Trailblazer that my son was trying to fly with and landind it hard.
2001 400 Sportsman traded for a CJ5 Jeep
2004 Victory TC Cruiser
1972 FLH Harley (my pride and joy of 20+yrs)
Old 09-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Gotta give FTW my vote on this one too. Change the lube at least once a year...more often if you do a lot of deep water riding. There's lot's of power routed through that bugger....she's gonna stretch.

Is it just me, or is the sypware thing getting out of hand? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

The chains last longer with good synthetic motor oil in the trans.

You are free to run anything you like.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:26 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
2005, 330, 4x4, blazer, box, chain, gear, gearbox, llube, polaris, replacing, sae, trail, trailblazer, trailboss