Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Had some fun at the Polaris dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had some fun at the Polaris dealer

By internet packet, I mean the folders with internet pricing and buying tips that people pay $30-50 for from consumer reports etc that they could have gotten for free if they had done a little homework. I've been a gearhead since 14 or so. Was a mechanic until I was 26. Been in sales since. And a lot of car dealers will hire anyone that will show up for work. They don't want to pay anyone so they stay fat with a shrinking margin. The owners always like to live large.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: NJRaptor419

And yet, people like you are the first to bitch when you get poor service. Gee, I wonder why.. Knowledgeable, competent people that used to be able to make a living are now forced to run on such a tight margin to compete against the internet that they can't survive. A perfect example would be hardware stores. Home Depot puts the small guy out of business, and try asking a question in there. They will send you to a different department just to get rid of you. Personally, I am a manager at a car dealership, and we don't do prices over the phone. And before you start crying, I invite you to run your business at the kind of margins that you expect atv/car dealerships to. Oh, by the way, our csi(customer satisfaction index) is 98% and we are a 5 star dealer, so we must be doing something right. Also, in the top 5 in our zone for volume.

Easy there, killer. I understand your frustration, and it sounds like you do a conscientious job in your business. Perhaps you could teach others to follow suit. As a consumer, I don't always take the absolute lowest price. Building a positive relationship with the service department is important, and something I consider when buying a vehicle. However, a dealer that won't quote a price over the phone has something to hide. And frankly, when a salesperson comes out to greet me, and then gives me a line of crap like this 14 year old experienced, they have just destroyed their credibility, and their sale. And sadly, these idiots do it all the time. Most of us on this forum are a little more savvy about quads than the people who sell them.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

my freind told me that ther gonna be coming otu with a new predator a lil bit smaller one liek a 450 or 460 did ne of u guys hear this?/?

Old 06-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my Pred from a Suzuki, Yam, Honda, Polaris dealer. They had every ATV from all of the companies. I knew I wanted a Pred but in fun I asked him what he thought was the best choice out of all the 400cc bikes and up. He said the 450s are race bikes blah blah blah. He said his friend blew his 450r motor the second time out. I said your friend must be a moron. To make my point out of all the sport quads they sell he recommended the Pred. I actually worked with this guy prior to this. I trust his word. He didnt say it was the fastest he just said it was the best buy.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed all the other manufacturers have posted their 2005 lineups on the web. We're still waiting on Polaris.

Old 06-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
I noticed all the other manufacturers have posted their 2005 lineups on the web. We're still waiting on Polaris.
there is a reason behind that...they are waiting tell the 50th to show the line up...then look at the site the next day and it should be there

Old 07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

raptornext i know exactly who your talking bout, i go in there bout once a month to punk this guy. he doesn't know when too quit, all he does i watch you to see what your looking at, then reads the polaris info on that quad until he thinks he's got it memorized and then comes out to you and starts spouting off this and that about it.. i love this guy, he gets soo worked up about everything.. and the best thing is he's not even a salesman, he wants to be but he just a mechanic that hangs out up front when there's nothing going on out back.