Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ftwflh or someone

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ftwflh or someone

I would like to know what spring and weights come in the recommended kit from hpd for the hpd midrange pipe.
I have lots of springs and weights so I may already have everthing I need to try there kit.
I want to see how there recommended kit compairs to what I have come up with on my own.

THanks
Jeff

Old 04-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Trailblazer

Well with my knowlege of how hpd deals with clutch kit springs and weights, it all depends on what type of riding you're going to be doing, and also some of the different mods you may have done to your bike. I would give them a call or give Rick from RCR he has helped me with getting the right springs and weights I needed for my bike, for instance I have a dg pipe, bored over .040 with a weisco, 42mm flatside mikuni carb with the air filter straight off of it, mild port and polish, pro design cool head, and v-force reeds. He asked what type of ridding I was going to be doing and I told him mainly trail ridding and dune racing, he sent me a red/yellow spring and a violet secondary spring with 85 weights, but not all springs are the same in color for instance HPD's springs are different for the color of Hotseats spring so make sure you are going to use the right spring.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2004, 03:53 AM
Trailblazer

sorry the weights he sent me were not 85 weights they were 58 weights sorry for the error.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2004, 07:45 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure on the weights but it has a red/yellow primary and I think a gold secondary.(it was in the bike when I got it)

Old 04-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

You should really pick up a AAEN clutch tuning manual.
It will help you understand what the different weights and spring do to your clutching.
There is MUCH MUCH more to it than Different colors springs and numbered weights.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BUBASCRAMBLER
You should really pick up a AAEN clutch tuning manual.
It will help you understand what the different weights and spring do to your clutching.
There is MUCH MUCH more to it than Different colors springs and numbered weights.
I totally agree with the clutch tuning book.But you have to remember you MUST have a tach.I used the guide and my tach to find my shift points and tought that a weight change was needed but after a call to RcR he set me up with a primary spring that got my shift rate where I wanted it with stock weights.But this is on a 4stroke where high engagment isnt as nessesary as on 2strokes.As soon as I get me another tach I am going to tear into my 2stroke Sportsman to get it pulling harder. Brad

Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the replys.
I have a clutch tuneing book and I understand what the different springs and weights do I have at this time (3) of hpd's springs (6) polaris springs And a box full of weights some I have even custom ground for different shift out rates.
Rick has been a big help with setting up my clutching but sometimes it's hard to tell someone over the phone how you ride and have them set you up.
So I have been learing lots about clutching form rick and the fourms [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
My clutch works about how I want it to now I just thought if there was a standard kit that HPD sent out with every pipe I would try it just too see what it was like but since they build a kit for your style of rideing That wouldent really be possable.
So thats all I needed to know thanks again for the replys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jeff