Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

POLARIS SUCK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2000, 05:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys/gals that like 4x4 polaris's know how to get a Polaris through a two foot mud hole???

Tow it with a Suzuki or Honda!

Long Live The King, baby!

Old 06-30-2000, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Jester has a websitehttp://hometown.aol.com/jester4736/

Old 06-30-2000, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

CHESTER the nice thing is you don't have to ride one,but I don't need you to tell me I made a mistake,I'll make that call myself if you don't care.I'm sure you take care of your own ride you'll have your hands full,thanks for trying to point out my mistakes though.Polaris moveing up in to second place must mean something,or are so many people wrong?CM

Old 06-30-2000, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

I can not beleive this...I just returned from a 6 day ATV outing and to come back to some zit faced 15 year old who rides his daddys quad is just too much.

Maybe in about 4 to 5 years he will grow up and realize that this is a site for information and exchange of ideas about ATV'ing...

And just to be...naaaaa it's not worth it!

Later all.

Old 06-30-2000, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

My oh my , aren't we all a bunch of happy campers here :-) .
If we want to talk about the comparing ATV models , lets get around the senceless emotional content that is coming across in these posts . I think most everyone will aggree that the Polaris models are not as well designed in the chassis department in bushing areas and wear points , the plastic bushings do fail more often than the more complicated designs used by many of the Japenese quads . I have also never really cared for the self threading bolts that hold plastic onto the frames . In my opinion these are two of the cheesiest things on a Polaris .
On the other hand , When a Japenese quad has a A-arm or swingarm bearing go out (and yes they do ) It can cost 5 times as much to replace the affected parts .
Price a Polaris front A-arm , they cost about $40.00 a comparable Japenese A-arm can easily cost over $200.00 . Struts on a Polaris Cost about $70.00 , Japenese shocks , again , over $200.00.
Some Suzuki quads have some high dollar cable linkages for shifting gears and hi and low range selection . They can really be a pain when they get some time on them .
Engines , carburetion , and electronics on all quads have little advantage manufacturer to manufacturer . They are all in the same ball park . Yamaha impresses me the most in the valve train department , a 350 yamaha cam rides in bearings , with hard padded rockers , clearly the most durable cylinder head design of any manufacturer .
I can see good and bad in most all quad designs if you look at from a mechanical standpoint .
I have repaired many a quad in my career, and have cursed each and every brand a time or two . They all are a pain when they are broken . :-)

Old 06-30-2000, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Chickenman who said Polaris is moveing up in the number 2 Spot.I dont think so. Maybe Polaris is in 4th.
It was on the Outdoor Channel they were talking about Polaris. Polaris Said that its self. Even if they were moveing to number 2 who spot do you think they were goiing to take.

Old 06-30-2000, 07:22 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Could someone explain to me why Bear_Tracker250 keeps showing up on the Polaris forum running his mouth! Matter of fact he got a post on the AC forum making comments about the new 250 4x4. Well it may be heavy but it is for the most part a Suzuki. Every time I read on of his posts I can’t help but think the American educational system is a true failure (he can barely type a complete sentence let alone express himself in a mature manner). Now, to make things worse we are forced to put with his new running buddy Jester4736. I’ll tell you two what really sucks… YOU PUNKS!!! Use your heads for something more constructive than away to hold on to your helmet (if you even have sense enough to wear one). It doesn’t matter what fellow atvers ride. What matters is that everyone has a good time.

Old 06-30-2000, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

jester said he likes fast manual quads.why do you ride slow semiauto quads?I never thought of a suzuki or a honda 300 as fast.

Old 06-30-2000, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yes it is always to have fun no matter what you Ride. But it is always good to have something better to ride. Two years ago all I had was honda 110 and now I have something better. The only reason what write comes out like that is because I try to type fast and i dont care what I do bad.

Old 06-30-2000, 09:37 PM
guy
Range Rover

Jester, you bring your Suzuki against a Sportsman 500 and you will be wishing you had baught one yourself. By the way, how are you enjoying your 3wd?? The fact is that the Polaris WILL outperform your quad in every aspect and any other quad as well, including your beloved Rubicon. And once you see the new Polaris beast you will probably still be running your mouth. And as for you Beartracker, didn't I see you in another forum wanting more info on a Sportsman?
My suggestion for all of you is hop on a Sportsman and expeirience the majic yourself.

Quick Reply: POLARIS SUCK!!!