Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Best 2-Stroke Oil for my Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98 Banshee that is ported, polished, Wiseco Pistons, Coolhead with 18cc domes, Paul Turner Hi-Rev Pipes. I have a single Kiehn/Graydon 2 into 1 carb kit. It is jetted with a .180 main.

I usually run VP C-12 Race Gas or a Race Gas/Pump Premium gas mixture.

I have been using Power Plus Pre-Mix oil at 40 to 1, but seem the engine seems to smoke alot. Power Plus is also very difficult to locate in the metro-Phoenix area.

What is the best 2-stroke oil to use in my engine and at what ratio?

I love the smell the Power Plus has when it burns. Does the oil you use have that Castor smell or is it my race gas that smells good when it burns?

Is Synthetic better than Castor based 2-stroke oils?

How about Golden Spectro and at what ratio? Golden Spectro, WP, Bel Ray and Castrol are all easily accesible to me.

I ride at sea level in Mexico and live in Phoenix, AZ. I want to preserve my engine, but I don't like all the smoke and oily residue in my silencers that the Power Plus has been leaving behind.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rob R.
Phoenix, AZ

Old 03-01-2000, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

I use Maxima Castor 927 at a 32:1 mixture in my 2000 Shee. It has the same "smell" as the Power Plus when it burns. It is pretty easy to find at all the shops. I have seen it everywhere here. As far as synthetic or castor I am not sure but have heared that castor is supposed to be better.??

Old 03-01-2000, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

like any thing else you get what you pay for.use the best synthetic oil you can get. i had a 87 banshee that was hoped up mildly and it really liked bel- ray .i would not go over 40-1 . all 2 strokes are going to smoke, its the nature of the beast!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2000, 12:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey men, get maxima 927, it´s the best 2-stroke oil u can get.

--------------
98 Yamaha Blaster
FMF PowerCoreII Silencer, FMF Fatty Pipe, K&N hi-flow air intake, K&N Precharger, Boyesen Carbon power reeds.
ps: Argentina rulez!

Old 03-02-2000, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have only tried 2 different kinds of oil....

Yamalube R and Klotz.... The klotz has a distinct smell...but my bike with all my mods still runs the best on the yamalube R. I run it around 40:1 with no problems

Old 03-02-2000, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I hear the Klotz adds great horsepower, but the engine gets ruined. Is this true?

Does the Maxim 927 smell good and what should I run it at?

Is the Bel-Ray MC1 synthetic and does it smell good when burning like the Castor oils?

Old 03-02-2000, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

I hear the Klotz adds great horsepower, but the engine gets ruined. Is this true?

Does the Maxim 927 smell good and what should I run it at?

Is the Bel-Ray MC1 synthetic and does it smell good when burning like the Castor oils?

Old 03-02-2000, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hands down the winner is AMSOIL series 2000 racing oil at 50:1. I have used almost every type of oil out there and this stuff wins in my book. Very clean burning, no carbon or spooge buildup, and excellent cylinder wear.

Old 03-03-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Garrett,

I have never heard of the AIMSOIL. I have never seen it in the metro-Phoenix area.

Have you tried Power Plus? What did you think of it?

Rob R.

Old 03-03-2000, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

I think the rumor of Klotz ruining an engine is just someones opinion. I have run both 927 and klotz r. they are both good oils. I prefer the Klotz. The 927 is a fine oil, but hard to read a plug. I found it also smoked alot more than the klotz does. I know alot of people who run the klotz and have never complained of excessive engine wear. They consist of anything from an alcohol hill shooter, to a full mx machine. I think its all personal preference. A few people mentioned bel-ray also. apparently its pretty good also. Your best bet would be to experiment I would think. Everyone has their favorite flavor and favors it over others. Hope you find one that works good for you.

Quick Reply: Best 2-Stroke Oil for my Banshee?