Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

250er

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250er

hi,im joe from tambor costa rica.
many have called me stupid for building a 250ex with a modification list that reaches $4,500.
the reasons i deciced to do this project is:first of all,the 250 ex is an underdogg and everybody thinks its slow as sh"!t .Also i saw great potenciall in this quad when i started racing: blasters, z250´s, raptor 350´s, honda 300ex´s and even planes! after i had modified the jets,exhaust and installed a uni filter.
i noticed it was faster than everybody thought it was and i decided to make a quad
that nobody would think was fast,but that was actually faster, wider and more powerfull than a 400ex.The modification list is a 89page long powerpoint presentation that i would be glad to send you if you are interested.

p.s[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]hotos of the progress and finished product will bee posted soon.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 250er

What about suspension???

The problem with the little EX is the shaft design of the rear end limits what you can do with suspension improvements back there. What did you do, if anything?

What's the saying, something like: Ametures talk speed, pros talk suspension!!! Suspension can make you go faster too...something most folks overlook.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250er

Dude,trustme I thought of that.
In the rear im using presision machining to make a new 5" longer swing arm and driveshaft and by having a new swing arm i can put the shock mount wherever i need it, by doing that im gonna install a 300ex shock which is not much, but it is better than stock.
In the front im adding 2+2" a-arms made by herman racing that allow me to install stock 450r shocks.
im also putting a durablue 2+2" axle on it with 1.5"spacers all around.