Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

E-ton Viper 150 Slow Crancking!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-ton Viper 150 Slow Crancking!!!!!

E-ton Viper 150 Slow Crancking!!!!! i got this ATV today, and for some reason every now and then it will crank normal, i have bad gas in it now people had it before me had it put up for a year, well the very first time i tried cranking it via starter it fired up sounded like crap i'm assuming the gas, has new spark plug in it also, but cause of the bad gas shutting it down it wont idle, if u give it gas it will stay running, but now it wont hardly crank or spin over, even with a car running with jumper cables??? the solenoid is good as well as the starter, i notice as it trys to cranck it dims the lights of the atv and car???? any help would be great!!! and i checked all the wiring & fuses, any help would be great thanx guys!!!!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

dump the old gas, flush the system and clean your carburetor/jets. sounds like you need a new battery. sure you can jump it from a car, but you're forcing voltage through a dead battery, which could have a dead/dry cell, and quite possibly, not pushing all of the volts/amps through the starter circuit. get a new battery and try that.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
dump the old gas, flush the system and clean your carburetor/jets. sounds like you need a new battery. sure you can jump it from a car, but you're forcing voltage through a dead battery, which could have a dead/dry cell, and quite possibly, not pushing all of the volts/amps through the starter circuit. get a new battery and try that.
thanx i fixed it.....the starter was already burned up took it apart it smelled like the whole think was scorched on the inside, replaced it and i cleaned it good threw her back to gether and it fired right up!!! but now it idles up and down and finally shuts off no matter how much throttle u give it, could the Governor cause this??? i back the screw all the way out just before it will come out by hand and tightened the nut, but just before all of this the carb clean up it ran the old gas bad and sputtered a bit but it would stay running, i cleaned the jets and all the best i could with a needle and all but through one of them the needle gets stuck or is it spose matter of fact follow this link thats the one it gets stuck in the one with the flat head screw driver

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&...r:35,s:0,i:203

but im stubbed and have no clue can u guys help???

Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by miles102
thanx i fixed it.....the starter was already burned up took it apart it smelled like the whole think was scorched on the inside, replaced it and i cleaned it good threw her back to gether and it fired right up!!! but now it idles up and down and finally shuts off no matter how much throttle u give it, could the Governor cause this??? i back the screw all the way out just before it will come out by hand and tightened the nut, but just before all of this the carb clean up it ran the old gas bad and sputtered a bit but it would stay running, i cleaned the jets and all the best i could with a needle and all but through one of them the needle gets stuck or is it spose matter of fact follow this link thats the one it gets stuck in the one with the flat head screw driver

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&...r:35,s:0,i:203

but im stubbed and have no clue can u guys help???
when i cleaned all the jets i could see daylight through both ends on each jet!!!!, i noticed the choke had white build up on it could this cause the the atv to idle weird, and then shut off ???

Old 04-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the pilot jet .that will cause idle problems an look in the tank make sure no gunk built up also new gas filter would help , especialy if new gas in tank .might move gunk around