how fast do snowmobiles really go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast do snowmobiles really go?

Originally posted by: NEWDUCK
Originally posted by: TehWarriorGuy
wait i have some questions bout snowmobiles since i know squat about them what kind of throttle do they have, umm are they manual clutch and shift? and yeh thats about it
They have a thumb throtle like a quad does. The transmision on them is just like one on a utility atv that is an auto. The more rpms you have the more the primary clutch comes together making the secondary come apart.
Not all atvs are auto trans. all polaris r auto and like 3 of the hondas but w/ honda u get a choice

Old 09-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I went to Canada for Christmas and got to talking to a local about ATVs and such he says his snowmobile (which i believe had a Yami R-1 engine it? True?) said he was easily going 100 or more.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extremerider2811, I remember watching sleds being clocked at just over 100mph on water. As far as I know most jet skis only hit about 75-80 as they have been limited from the factory for some time now.

XShowtimeX, of course he's fine going over water as long as he doesnt sink. Isnt that the definition of being "not fine" over water???

Hondaway75, he didnt say all utilities had autos, just that it was like a ute with an auto. And none of hondas atvs are the same type of automatic transmission and none of them give you a choice, they are either auto or not. Pushing gear buttons doesnt always mean you're moving gears.

blindside350, yes there are quite a few yamaha sleds with the r-1 engine, they are called RX-1. There are short and long track models and they are very fast, but they are about 100 pounds more than a big engined 2 stroke.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

A sled would kill a jet-ski.

There is no more RX-1's for 2006, yamaha completely changed them and made them lighter. Still won't keep up to a F7, but it is a good improvement. They are now called Apex or something like that.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: maddog56
Extremerider2811, I remember watching sleds being clocked at just over 100mph on water. As far as I know most jet skis only hit about 75-80 as they have been limited from the factory for some time now.

XShowtimeX, of course he's fine going over water as long as he doesnt sink. Isnt that the definition of being "not fine" over water???

Hondaway75, he didnt say all utilities had autos, just that it was like a ute with an auto. And none of hondas atvs are the same type of automatic transmission and none of them give you a choice, they are either auto or not. Pushing gear buttons doesnt always mean you're moving gears.

blindside350, yes there are quite a few yamaha sleds with the r-1 engine, they are called RX-1. There are short and long track models and they are very fast, but they are about 100 pounds more than a big engined 2 stroke.
i meant you get a choice w/ the hondas above the foreman. You get ES with the switch to switch it to auto trans. The manual shift you get one choice and thats it. I know about the Rincon haveing a switch to switch from auto to es. A good friend of mine has one and he showed me it and it does both. Im sorry i made that sound confuseing.