Bling bling quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bling bling quads

I was just wondering what you guys think of people spending what i consider rediculous amounts of money ,time and effort on making thier quads look as trick as trick can be. I like a good looking quad but what I am talking about is the guy who has to have billet everything ,carbon fiber this and that. I guess what I am getting at is why would you do this to a vehicle that is made to run in the nastiest enviroment with rocks,mud, and possible crash damage. I dont have aproblem with buying parts to enhance the performance like shocks ,a arms,axles. I have seen many quads that have become to nice to ride where the owner has spent $5,000 to $15,000 on what I would call show items. Then when they try to sell them they take huge losses because nobody thinks they are worth that much. I have done stuff like polishing my frame and powdercoating many parts becasue it was cheap but I will never replace my perfectly good brake rotors with the fancy design laser cut ones or getting billet brake resivior covers. It just seems like a waste to me .

Old 02-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

For trail riding or racing,I agree with you,but on dune quads,I think its ok.They never really get dirty,so I can see dressing them up.Not to mention how the desert sun shines on all of that polish alum and chrome

Old 02-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would rather spend my money on go fast parts. But thats just me.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider
Same here, I look at peoples sigs and see an entire list of billet or chromed parts and nothing else, and wonder why? I would much rather spend my money on something that would actually help the performance of the quad than spend money on things to make it "bling". jmo

Old 02-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

so wich catagory does mi bike fall into? keep in mind it dosent leave the sand, I have 2 other bikes for dirt.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

One of the reasons I started this thread is because a friend of mine had purchased a quad which he could barely afford and took out a huge loan to buy all this crap for it. It had carbon fiber covers,shrouds,wheels,exhaust,and billet hubs,clamps ect. When he was done he had over 15,000 bucks into his quad and decided he couldnt afford it so he tried selling it on ebay and the bidding didnt even get up to the price he paid for the quad alone. Now he cant drive it because every scratch and chip in the bling bling is like a cash register bell ringing. He sold most of his stock parts dirt cheap to help buy stuff and now he might end up parting out the quad just to make loan payments.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Its all personnal preferance, All my quads are going to be ridden, but im going to make my banshee an MX/Show bike, Extended A-arms, Axles/ chrome, chrome parts all over it, but i wont let it just sit, its hitting the track even with all those parts. right now, were just going to buy parts over time and get it built up, im not worried about scrathing a few parts if im doing what i love (but im not going to trash it).

Old 02-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BigDSRider

ya i would rather buy performance parts what is the point of having all the chrome if it is slow

Old 02-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One of the members on the forums has been featured in several magazines for his raptor. Hes got thousands tied up in chrome. He also has motor mods. Craycraft 686 motor. He does say that he races it. The problem I have with this is that if he goes out and races this quad he has to spend hours upon hours cleaning. Im in it to enjoy riding.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider

How about the people that put the 20" rims on their quads (IE Rappers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img])

Quick Reply: Bling bling quads