Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Obama Legacy

Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obama Legacy

President Obama is set to CLOSE millions of acres of Forest Service and BLM land in the western region, and take private land areas for what he calls National Monuments. He can do this with a simple stroke of his pen. No debate!!!

Write you congressman NOW!!!!

Visit these sites for details.

Americans For Responsible Recreational Access: S9JqYyjrKw
Americans For Responsible Recreational Access: CuUSIobRne wQ..

Hope this sites work....if not go to Americans For Responsible Recreational Access:
and check it out.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, there is nothing your congressman or anybody else can do about this. This is a power that is granted to the idiot... I mean president in charge.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I am sorry that is the way you feel bcdudley. That is the kind of attitude that makes the rest of us work harder for "Your Right To Ride".

At least I have written my congressman and women. Maybe it won't help, but "by God" I at least did more than you to made my point noted.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I've written my reps in the past. Unfortunately, I'm from Massachusetts and my views don't seem to matter to them. Maybe Mr. Kerry, and Rep. Tsongas will have a change of heart with Scott Brown there. Who knows.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish it was just my feelings, but in this particular case, the Obama administration has unilateral authority on the matter. Your Congressman could not do anything about it even if they wanted to.

More than a dozen pristine landscapes, wildlife habitats and scenic rivers in 11 Western states, some larger than Rhode Island and Delaware combined, are under consideration by the Obama administration to become America's newest National Monuments -- a decision the administration can make unilaterally without local input or congressional approval.
Read the full story here.

FOXNews.com - EXCLUSIVE: Obama Eyes Western Land for National Monuments, Angering Some

I am all for writing my congressman and other local representatives and have done so on many occasions. I usually just get a form letter back, but at least I feel better.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

How much of our way of life can a one term President destroy?
Unfortunately, we're going to find out!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's been going on for a long time now. It's just accelerating a lot more now. Hopefully, the people elected this fall will stop the way things are going. 1/3rd of the Senate and the whole House is up for election. Send questions to the people running and get answers. Now how someone is going to act if they get elected. We don't need McCain types either. They are just light versions of Obama in many ways.
As far as these Executive Orders go the only way to fight them is in the courts. Hope it doesn't go that far.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

In Your State...
State-by-State Info
Access Issues, Public Meetings, Contact Information... all this and details about the National Forests in your state on ARRA's comprehensive state pages.
Share ARRA!
Tell-A-Friend...
If you have already registered as an ARRA member, you can help be a stronger voice by sending e-postcards to others. Our grassroots movement needs more voices! Use our Tell-A-Friend page to help someone else stay informed by registering to receive ARRA's legislative alerts and newsletters.
Click the Take Action Link Below to Ask House Natural Resources Committee Members to Cosponsor H. Res. 1254!

As you may recall, ARRA recently asked you to send a letter to your Representative about a leaked Department of Interior (DOI) memo that made it clear that President Obama was considering restricting access to public lands by declaring as many as 13 million acres in western states as National Monuments. Thank you for responding. Your voice was heard and this issue has been addressed repeatedly in Congressional hearings, on national news and in many other ways. But there is more to do.

House Committee on Natural Resources Ranking Member, Doc Hastings (R-WA) and Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests, and Public Lands Ranking Member Rob Bishop (R-UT) introduced a Resolution of Inquiry (H. Res. 1254) aimed at requiring the Secretary of Interior to turn over to the House of Representatives specific information related to potential National Monument designations and other public lands initiatives on April 15. A resolution of inquiry is a method used by the House to obtain information from an executive branch official. The House Committee will vote on the resolution on April 28th.

Sweeping National Monument designations like those outlined in the leaked DOI memo represent a serious threat to recreation including motorized access. Any OHV use would almost certainly be forever banned in areas designated as National Monuments, and riders would have no opportunity to formally weigh in on the process. Any decision that could potentially lock OHV use out of huge swaths of public lands should be made in the light of day, and that is why it is important for you to weigh in to support transparency.

Please click the Take Action link below to send a letter encouraging House Natural Resources Committee Members to support and cosponsor H. Res. 1254.

TAKE ACTION!

Americans for Responsible Recreation Access
1152 15th Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20005
webmaster@arra-access.com

Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It's been going on for a long time now. It's just accelerating a lot more now. Hopefully, the people elected this fall will stop the way things are going. 1/3rd of the Senate and the whole House is up for election. Send questions to the people running and get answers. Now how someone is going to act if they get elected. We don't need McCain types either. They are just light versions of Obama in many ways.
As far as these Executive Orders go the only way to fight them is in the courts. Hope it doesn't go that far.
Administration of George W. Bush (2001-2009)

291 Total Executive orders Issued

Funny you people that ride on National Forest land cry about "executive orders" like it something new that you heard on Fox News. Where do you think that land came from that your riding on, or complaining about "your" trails being shut down or changed. You wouldn't be riding on the trails in the first place if it wasn't for government lands. Beyond belief.......

Did you read the Fox News article. Did you read the significance of the land and the fact that Obama "may" select two sites of the multiple offered. Do you know nothing of or have any concern for the word "pristine".

Again....Read some of the options. Did you actually read the article, or just spew your low-information outrage on here? I forgot, you people value very little in the form of preservation. If you can't ride on it, it's a scam perped by the left.

-- Heart of the Great Basin, Nevada: Researchers call it a "globally unique assemblage of cultural, wildlife and historic values" that includes thousands of petroglyphs and stone artifacts dating back 12,000 years.

-- Owyhee Desert, Oregon: Called one of the most remote areas of the United States, the Owyhee is home to the largest herd of California bighorn sheep.

-- Bodie Hills, California: Located in the fast growing eastern Sierra Nevada mountains, Bodie contains the Golden State's best preserved ghost town. But the area is also loaded with gold, and several mining permits are pending.

-- The Modoc Plateau, California: Spanning close to 3 million acres in the northwest corner of California, the Modoc Plateau is "laden with biological and archeological treasures." Interior officials call it the second largest unprotected landscape in the state.

Last edited by FunRide; 04-24-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: added "goverment lands"
Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tramp
.....and take private land areas for what he calls National Monuments. He can do this with a simple stroke of his pen. No debate!!!

You actually think this is something new that Obama has conjured up with some act of voodoo? Get a clue man, and do some reading and get some education on the matter. Yeah, a single stroke of his pen.......There's a bit more to the topic than what "he" calls National Monuments. Teddy Roosevelt declared the first National Monument in 1906. Yeah, he was a Republican. -Did you read the article, you linked to? Not likely.....

Where did you ever get the idea that these are "private lands". Modoc is currently a million acres of National Forest. Low-information spew.

Bush to Protect Vast New Pacific Tracts (National Monument)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/us/06oceans.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obama Legacy