Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Can ride double?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can ride double?

Ok.

Thank you for clearing that up and spending the time to reply. I will get my daughter into a ATV safety class.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can ride double?

and, seeing that you are new to riding also, it wouldn't hurt to take the class with her. i think that when you buy a new honda atv that you get to go to the training class for free... check with someone at the dealer you got the recon from!! glad that you joined the sport, its worth the investment! happy riding

Old 08-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

Poolplayr

YOU get a FREE 4hr safety education class for free with the purchase of your new Honda and will also receive a 100 dollar incentive IF you take the course.Up to 4 total people can take the 4 hr safety course for free but they MUST be at least 16yrs old.For those under 16yrs old,I have a DNR certified class they can take.

Give my office a call @ 810-249-0398,I'll take care of you.

Bill

Old 08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can ride double?

thats what it is.. i knew there was a class! yeah, but you and your daughter both should take the class(es). have fun on the trail!

Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Can ride double?

Im sure with you being a lady and having your own flesh and blood in a mini version behind you, you will be taking it slow and carfull.. everybody loves riding a quad I always rode doubles and somtimes even triples, it may not be legal but as long as your not out there acting stupid asking for trouble and wheeling outta your leage or your daughters leage I think you should be fine...

I broke my leg riding double on a kodiac... only cause my brother wasnt paying attention to my cousin stoping infront of him and slaming on the breaks and turning at the same time X_X... but everybody else that day did fine doubles and tripples, as I said just dont wheel outta both pareners level and you should be fine take EXTRA causion.

Btw when you get tired of the Recon give it to your daughter and get you a nice Rancher [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] or you could always find a used quad for her size faily cheap under 1000$ somtimes, (seen alot of those 250ex's go for that, might be a little big for her) Or a little grizzly 125, they sell for really cheap used (automatic electric start and reverse!! what more could a beginner child ask for lol) Or the 125cc breeze, good quad for a child.

Sorry if these are to small or your not even interrested as you said you dont have enough cash but I dono what size 11 year old girls come in these days LOL, but if you ever are interested those are some quads and theres a few more for that small of a size that sell REALLY cheap used, not at a stealer ship either lol. But if your strapped for cash LIKE ME and stumped just ignore me.

Old 09-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

Helmets required on when operating ATV in Michigan?

I grew up in Michigan ( UP ), but have lived in MN for the past 10 years.
I hunt in the UP every fall and will bring, for the first time, my new 04 Honda Rubicon.
In MN, I'm not reqired to wear a helmet. I don't think it's a big deal if I'm just putsing around ( under 25 miles/hr for the most part ).

Must I wear a helmet at all times in MI?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

Newrubicon,
its against the law in Michigan to operate an ATV without a DOT approved crash helmet AND eye protection.And even though you may not think that 25 mph is fast on an ATV,it IS fast enough to bust open your skull and kill you if you take a fall.

Bill

Old 09-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

MUDDY4LIFE,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wear what's required. I want to be legal.

....but....It's getting to the point where a person should almost wear a helmet in the kitchen so the don't bang their head on an open cupboard door.

Todd

Old 09-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

Todd,
come on buddie,there's a huge differance between wearing a helmet to protect your head from injury on your quad,and worrying about hitting your head on a cupboard.

There is no other piece of protective gear that is more important to wear while operating an ATV than your helmet.I've been involved with 3-4 wheelers since 1983 and have seen ALOT of PREVENTABLE accidents in this time,and alot of these accidents were because some idiot did'nt think they needed to wear their helmet.If you break your leg while riding your quad,it will heal itself in time.Take a fall on your quad without a helmet on and you may not live long enough to be able to tell about it.

Bill
ATV Safety Instructor

Old 09-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Can ride double?

Bill,

You're correct...I know.

I've seen my share of accidents and results of accidents on motorbikes and ATV's.
A good friend of mine smashed his face on the front of ATV and got to have his jaw wired shut for 6 weeks...no helmet of course.
99.99% of these accidents were caused by people being stupid and yes I've been stupid before and there may be a chance I'll be stupid again.

It's just hard to imagine getting messed up going 5-18mph bouncing over logs in the bush.

Thanks,

Todd

Quick Reply: Can ride double?